I am a 3rd year college student at Emory University and I give lessons to middle school, high school, and college level for chemistry, math, and biology.
My characteristic as a tutor is that I will help my students not to make the same mistake twice when it comes to problem solving and help them fully understand the learning materials.
I am currently a 3rd year university student at Emory University. I have had a lot of experiences tutoring my peers as well as middle/high school students in subjects such as math, chemistry, and biology.
I tutored for the first time since the sophomore year of high school and have been since then.
Some of my achievements as a tutor include helping my students get an 800 on Chemistry SAT II subject test and improving a student's chemistry grade by 12 points as well as improving another student's Algebra grade by 11 points.
Emory University, College of Arts and Science Atlanta, GA
Bachelor of Sciences: Biology BS Expected Graduation Date: May 2021
Cumulative GPA: 3.93/4.00
Winship Cancer Institute Atlanta, GA
Undergraduate Research Assistant August 2018 - Present
PI: Dr. Wei Zhou
Characterization of SIK3 gene in H1299 NSCLC cell line
• Independent research to analyze the CRISPR-cas9 knockout of SIK3 gene
• Utilized bioinformatics to study the gene sequences and the specific regions that were affected by CRISPR-Cas9
• Performed genomic sequencing the find out which regions of the gene were knocked out
• Performed drug reaction analysis to analyze the biology behind the cell death of H1299 NSCLC
Internship Oslo, Norway
Steem1960 Shipbrokers May 2018 – June 2018
• Worked as an analyst to track the flow of trade and to update comprehensive database
• Learned and utilized important Excel skills
• Established friendly relationships with coworkers
EPASS Peer Tutoring Atlanta, GA
Emory University January 2018 - Present
• Tutored peers who needed help with CHEM 150, 202 and QTM 100
• Students understood concepts and improved their exam scores
LEADERSHIP & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
Milal Mission Fairlawn, NJ
Volunteer March 2015 – October 2016
• Volunteered every Saturday for 6 hours watching over and hanging out with children with disabilities
• Taught children fascinating scientific phenomenon such as making clip boat using surface tension of water
His Friends Norwood, NJ
• Volunteered every Sunday for 2 hours at church looking after children with disabilities during worship service
CHOA Volunteer Atlanta, GA
Volunteer January 2018 – Present
• Volunteer every week for 2-3 hours at the Children’s Hospital of Atlanta, helping with taking care of young children patients and learning about how the hospital system works
Emory READS Atlanta, GA
Volunteer January 2018 - Present
• Tutored and helped out at local elementary schools with the purpose of advancing academics 1-2 times a week
• Served as a teacher assistant to carry out activities in classroom setting with elementary scholl students
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking college / university preparation lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$27||$18|
|5 hours||Not available||$125||$90|
|10 hours||Not available||$250||$180|