I am giving one-on-one online mathematics lessons from 6th grade till 12th grade and I am teaching college algebra, calculus lessons to the university students as well.
I am teaching all the required topics related to the curriculum in order. I help to do homeworks and to solve different type of questions for more practice. I use zoom, presentations and I do problem-solving via writing tablets. I would like to help as much as possible. My first principle is being a family member of you, for your success and happiness...
I am an academician mathematician, I have a master's degree in computer science and Ph. D. in computer science. I delivered in the middle and high school mathematics lessons for 5 years and I have taught pre-calculus, calculus I and calculus II, statistics, discrete mathematics courses in universities for 6 years.
Middle school students: 20$ per hour
High school students:25$ per hour
University students: 30$ per hour
For 2 or more students -5$ per person!
Dr. MEHTAP ERGUVEN
Academician LOCATION: Fort Worth, TX
Academic Degree and Titles
• Assoc. Prof. Dr. International Black Sea University, Faculty of Computer Technologies & Engineering, 2015, Tbilisi, Georgia
• PhD. International Black Sea University, Faculty of Computer Technologies & Engineering, 2014, Tbilisi, Georgia
• MSc. International Black Sea University, Faculty of Computer Technologies & Engineering, 2011, Tbilisi, Georgia
• BSc, Yıldız Technical University, Faculty of Art and Science, Mathematics, 1998, Istanbul/Turkey
• Lecturer, Canik Basari University, Faculty of Engineering, Samsun-Turkey, 2015-2016
• Lecturer, International Black Sea University, Faculty of Computer Technologies and Engineering, Tbilisi-Georgia, 2010- 2015
• Visiting Researcher, Manhattan College, NY, US 2013, Fall Semester
• Visiting Researcher, Fatih University, Istanbul, Turkey, 2014, Spring Semester
• Mathematics Teacher, Private Demirel College, Georgia, 2005-2009
• Mathematics Teacher, Ishik Primary School, Georgia, 2005 Spring Semester
Teaching &Research Interests
• Mathematics, Statistics, Information Technology, Educational Statistics, Test Theories, Educational Measurement and Evaluation, Data Analysis
• Java Programming Language, Selenium WebDriver, SQL, Microsoft Office, MatLab, Rest API, HTML
Articles & Conferences (Published)
• Erguven, M. (2012). Comparison of University Entrance Examination Scores with Graduate Students’ GPA and Effects on Students’ Success, IBSU Journal of Technical Science and Technologies, 1(1):p. 33-37, ISSN: 2298-0032
• Erguven, M. (2013). Influences of Measurement Theory on Statistical Analysis and Stevens’ Scales of Measurement. IBSU, Journal of Technologies and Technical Science, 2(1), p.27-31. ISSN: 2298-0032.
• Erguven, M. (2013). Two Approaches in Psychometric Process: Classical Test Theory and Item Response Theory. IBSU Journal of Education, 2(2), ISSN: 2298-0172.
• Erguven, M. and Erguven, C. (2013) An Empirical Study on Assessment of Item-Person Statistics and Reliability Using Classical Test Theory Measurement Methods, IBSU Journal of Technologies and Technical Science, 2(2) , pg:25-32. ISSN: 2298-0032
• Erguven, M. and Erguven, C. (2014). Elaborating Admissibility Level of Implicit Dimensions in a Course via singular Value Decomposition Based Principal Components, IBSU Journal of Technologies and Technical Science, 3(1) ISSN: 2298-0032.
• Erguven, M. (2014). An Empirical Evaluation and Comparison of Classical Test Theory and Rasch Model, IBSU Journal of Education, 3(1), ISSN: 2298-0172.
• Erguven, M. (2012). Comparison of the Efficiency of Principal Component Analysis and Multiple Linear Regression to Determine Students’ Academic Achievement, International Conference on Application Of Information And Communication Technologies (AICT) IEEE, p.507-511, ISBN: 978-1-4673-1739-9.
• Erguven, M. and Erguven, C. (2014), Detecting Dimensionalities of a Course with Respect to the Prerequisite Courses, Using Multivariate Data Analysis, Eurasian Educational Research Congress, ISBN : (concealed information),Anı Publications, Istanbul, Turkey
• Erguven, M. Erguven, C. and Milnikova, I. (2014), Detecting Dimensionality and Identifying Quality of a Course Using Principal Components Based Regression Analysis, Silk Road International Conference, Tbilisi, Georgia
• Erguven, M. and Erguven, C. (2014), Elaboration of Item and Ability Parameters Invariance in Unidimensional Item Response Theory Models, International Journal of Arts & Sciences ( IJAS) Conferences, Paris, France.
• Erguven, M. and Erguven, C. (2014), Elaboration of Rasch Model and Classical Test Theory’s Assumptions and Empirical study on Item-Person Statistics Comparison, Educational Researches and Publications Associations (ERPA) “International Educational Sciences” Congress, Istanbul, Turkey.
Seminars and Events
• Statistical Tools in Academic Writing, 2015, Georgia, “delivered”
• Mathematics Teaching Techniques, 2009, Georgia, “participated”
• Mathematics Seminar to the graduated students 2007, Turkey, “delivered”
• Geometry Seminars 1998, Turkey, “participated”
• Educational Formation of Mathematics Teacher, 1998, Turkey
Courses taught in undergraduate and graduate level
• Mathematical Background of Computer Science, “graduate level”
• Mathematics for Engineering, “graduate level”
• Information Technology, “undergraduate level”
• Calculus I, II “undergraduate level”
• Calculus I, II for Business, “undergraduate level”
• Discrete Mathematics, “undergraduate level”
• Applied Statistics via Data Analysis Tool Pak, “undergraduate level”
• Statistics, “undergraduate level”
• Mathematics I, II, “High School”
• Geometry, “High School”
• Mathematics , “Middle School”
Native Language: Turkish
Foreign Languages: English, Georgian.
Perfect! Ms. Mehtap is tutoring my 10th grader in Precalculus, and we have been extremely impressed with her method of teaching. Not only does she have impressive qualifications, she is also very kind and patient. She is proactive and always prepares ahead of time for the upcoming session. My son is able to have on line sessions with her, and after only two lessons he already feels more confident in the topic. Needless, to say we will continue. Tutoring has been very helpful to him, and we are grateful to have found Ms. Mehtap.
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$25||$25|
|5 hours||Not available||$100||$125|
|10 hours||Not available||$200||$250|