Having extensive teaching and tutoring experience allows me to assess students needs and strengths and build a curriculum based on their needs and goals. Using data, assessments and adjusting instruction are key factors of my decision making and teaching strategies.
I am a certified and licensed NYS math teacher with ability to teach and motivate students in 6-12 settings. Specialized and experienced in tutoring high students improving their SAT/ACT scores.
Knowledgeable and successful in using different strategies to address different types of learners.
If travelling over 5 miles, there is a $10 travel fee. Cancellation policy: $25 if cancelled less than 24 prior to lesson start.
Mobile: (concealed information)
Email : (concealed information) _____________
TARGETED POSITION : Math Instructor/Tutor
● Possess a New York State teaching Certificate in Mathematics.
● Possess a New York City teaching License in Mathematics .
● Possess a master`s degree in Education.
● Possess a bachelor`s degree in Mathematics.
● Sixteen years’ experience teaching mathematics , grades 7-12.
● Qualified and trained teacher leader with strong academic preparation.
● Helped create Common Core Mathematics Assessment for district 11.
● Committed to children and the belief that everyone can learn.
● UFT chapter leader and School Leadership Team member for 7 years.
● Licensed and experienced soccer coach.
NYS certified math teacher with 16 plus years’ experience teaching mathematics in NYC middle schools. Familiar with the
new Common Core Standards , participant of the two week Summer Institute Training for CCS .
Served as a Lead Facilitator for the Middle School math teachers Summer Institute of 2011 at the district level.
Helped develop the math curriculum and unit plans for the school`s math department.
Four plus years’ experience grading NYS Math Tests . Experience with scoring Geometry Regents Tests - January , 2013.
Experienced SAT tutor and Catholic schools entrance exam teacher.
Rated "Highly Effective" Teacher by the NYS for the school year 2011-2012.
Completed the Emerging Leaders Program aiming at preparing school leaders to influence the instructional practices at schools.
Master of Science in Education , Mercy College ,Dobbs Ferry, NY
Bachelor of Teaching in Mathematics , Tirana University , Tirana
Teaching English as a Second Language, Lehman College , NY
Graduate Credits December , 2005
EDUCATION - RELATED EXPERIENCE
● Teacher Leader PCT September , 2016-Present
Leaders of Tomorrow
● Mathematics Teacher September , 2009-June, 2016
Globe School , 272
● Mathematics Teacher September , 2006-June ,2009
● Mathematics Teacher , 6-8 Grade . April , 2002 –June ,2006
Paul L. Dunbar MS 301 Bronx , NY
● Mathematics Teacher , 9-12 Grade September 1994 –June2000
● Math Tutor September 2005 –June2006
Platform Learning, Bell , Summer Success .
● SAT Math Tutor March 2013 – May 2015
●Math Tutor – Catholic HS Test September 2013- March 2014
Concordia College , White Plains , NY
● Soccer Coach ( Wappingers United Soccer Club ) 2011-Present
● Soccer Coach ( Globe School Soccer Team) 2011-Present
● WUSC Board Member ( Wappingers United Soccer Club ) 2011-Present
● Tournament Director ( Wappingers United Soccer Club ) 2012-Present
● Travel Director (Wappingers United Soccer Club) 2012-Present
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$65||$75||Not available|