I am hands on, I'll base my teaching on whatever you want to learn. If you are interested in preparing for classes or exams, I have immense experience in tutoring my pupils to get a perfect grade! Pick me and I'll make sure you will thrive!
In my educational background I have moved around many fields of science, including biochemistry, molecular biology, developmental biology, ecology, environmental science, evolutionary biology, neuroscience, genetics and genomics, and computational biology. I find that having these diverse interests allows me to communicate to each of these groups and serve as an intermediate go between of project participants.
My technical background was developed over the years of my education, being mainly self-taught in computing languages such as R, Python, Bash scripting. More recently I learned Common Workflow Language used to modularize and containerize analytical pipelines for deployment to diverse computational infrastructures, including cloud computing such as Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services.
University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus Aug 2018 – Present
PhD, Human Medical Genetics and Genomics Program
• Mentored by Dr. Christopher Gignoux
• Program Representative for Graduate Student Advisory Group to the Dean, Member of Graduate Student Council, panelist on Student Advocates for Mental Health, Movember Foundation Student Ambassador, contributor to PhD Post newspaper
• Relevant Courses: Biostatistical Methods I/II, Responsible Conduct of Research, Survey of Human Genetics, Practical Biological Data Analysis, Legal and Regulatory Environment of Life Science Innovations, Pain, Paradox & Human Condition, Biomedical Entrepreneurship
State University of New York at Stony Brook Aug 2013 – Dec 2014
Master’s Degree, Department of Ecology and Evolution, Concentration in Applied Evolution
• Graduate Student Researcher in Henn lab; Mentored by Dr. Brenna Henn
• NGS Journal Club, Evolutionary Genetics Journal Club, The Gotham Seminar on Genomics and Statistics, Stony Brook GSO Member, Ballroom Dancing Club
• Relevant Courses: Principles of Applied Ecology and Evolution, Introduction to Ecological Genetics and Genomics, Biometry, Evolutionary Ecology, Graduate Genetics, Computational Biology, Bioinformatics (Johns Hopkins independent Coursera)
University of Colorado at Boulder Aug 2009 – Aug 2012
Bachelor’s Degree in Evolutionary Biology and Ecology
• Arnett Honors Housing, CU Program Council, CU Fencing Club
• Arts and Sciences Dean’s List Spring 2012
biology lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest genetics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, zoology lessons for all!
Taking molecular biology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$35|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$175|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$350|