My focus is on student success. I believe students learn best when they understand what the ultimate goal is, and they understand what they need to do in order to reach that goal. I strive to ensure that students buy in to the goal, and are willing to work hard to succeed. My goal is to help students learn HOW to learn so that they become successful lifelong learners.
I have served as a social studies teacher in northeastern Pennsylvania for over 30 years, working with students at the elementary, secondary, and collegiate levels. I have tutored for over 15 years, working with students on preparation for the AP Exams in US History, US Government and Politics, and Comparative Government, as well as SAT prep, ACT prep, and college essays. I have dedicated my professional life to giving students the tools necessary to be successful not only in the classroom, but in life as well.
Sacred Heart University, Fairfield, CT November,2018 – Present
* Writing Tutor, Sacred Heart Online Writing Center
* Taught writing skills, critiqued student papers, taught correct academic paper format, including MLA, APA, Chicago, and other academic formats
Marywood University, Scranton, PA August 2017 - Present
* Taught Reading and Language Arts, Science, and Social Studies to prepare students to succeed on GED exams.
* Served as an academic writing tutor, helping students develop and improve writing skills.
Educational Testing Service/The College Board November,2002 - Present
* Educational Consultant - Presented workshops and institutes of 1-5 days for teachers of Advanced Placement United States Government and Politics.
Lackawanna Trail Junior-Senior High School, Factoryville, PA August, 1988-June, 2017
* Social Studies Teacher/Department Chairman
* Taught geography, world cultures, law and government, AP US Government and Politics,
AP Macroeconomics, AP US History
* Served as Department Chairman, 1997-2001
St. Peter Claver Elementary School Philadelphia, PA
September, 1982-June, 1984
* Taught all seventh grade subjects except religion, and 8th grade social studies
Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA June,1989 – December,1996
• Course work completed for D.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction
• Certification in Educational Administration (Secondary/Elementary)
University of Scranton, Scranton, PA June,1987 – August,1988
• M.S. in Reading and Social Studies certification,
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA September,1976 – December,1981
• B.A., Public Policy
Valley Forge Military Academy, Wayne, PA August,1974 – June,1976
• Academic Diploma
history lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest political science lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, politics lessons for all!
Taking social studies lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$30||$20|