Bachelors of Science degree in chemistry
I can tutor undergraduate chemistry, algebra, and calculus based physics, and math
ACS scores O-chem - 87th percentile, P-chem - 92nd percentile, Analytical - 87th percentile, Instrumental analysis - 84th percentile, ACS DUCK exam - 96th percentile.
I have 10 months of work experience as a research chemist from a contract job at Umpqua Research Company.
I have also tutored math, chemistry, and physics at UCC, and SOU.
I live in Glide, but can meet anywhere in the Roseburg area.
I am flexible with my prices, and I am willing to tutor groups of students. I am also willing to meet anywhere in the Roseburg area.
Allan Dale Mackey
Home telephone: (concealed information) Cell phone: (concealed information)
Email: (concealed information)
I have an ACS accredited Bachelors of science degree in chemistry from Southern Oregon University as well as ten months of experience as a research scientist at Umpqua Research Company. I am located in Glide, Oregon and I plan on relocating for my next position. I am available for an interview with 1-2 days’ notice, and I will be able to start with 1-2 weeks’ notice.
• Capstone research experience in nanoparticle synthesis, one year in laboratory, one year literature.
• Full time work experience in research, and development at Umpqua Research Company (nanoparticle catalyst development, prototype assembly and development)
• Familiar with a wide range of spectroscopic and chromatographic instrumentation
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as MATHCAD
BS in Chemistry EDUCATION June 2015
• Graduated from Southern Oregon University with an ACS accredited Bachelors of Science degree in chemistry
• Placed between 80th -85th percentile on average in upper division ACS finals (National standardized test), and placed in the 94th percentile on the P-chem. ACS test, and 98th percentile on ACS DUCK exam (Undergraduate Diagnostics of Undergraduate Chemistry Knowledge)
• Upper division chemistry classes (with labs when offered): organic chemistry, organic spectroscopy, analytical chemistry, instrumental analysis, advanced instrumental analysis, physical chemistry, inorganic chemistry, chemical communications, and biochemistry (one term)
• Capstone research project: Monolayer protected metal nanoparticles- an investigation into the effects of varying the composition of the metal core
• Hands on experience in NMR, FT-IR, GC-MS, GC-Uv, HPLC, Uv-vis, AAS, ICP-OES, ASV, TGA, RAMAN, and Fluorescence methods
Umpqua Research Company WORK EXPERIENCE 6/22/15-5/13/15
• Projects funded by NASA through the Small Business Innovative Research program
• Designed a synthesis for platinum-ruthenium nanoparticle catalyst for the oxidation of organic contaminants in the water processor onboard the International Space Station
• Assisted in the development of an iron-nickel-cobalt catalyst for the recovery of oxygen in a continuous Bosch reactor
• Assisted in the development, and testing of a continuous brine evaporation cartridge for water recovery onboard the International Space Station
• Assisted in the development of a gravity independent medical suction device
• Writing grant proposals to the Department Of Energy (Metal Sulfide Nanoparticle Catalyst for The Selective Oxidation of Methane into Ethylene), and NASA (Antimicrobial Nanoparticle Surface)
• Sample collection
• Undergraduate Catalytic Outreach Research Experience
o Summer research fellowship where at U of O
o Assisted in designing a shaped slit for a sputter machine
• Tutored math, chemistry, and physics at UCC, and SOU
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$14||Not available|