I really enjoy making learning a fun experience, by incorporating creative methods of teaching to keep a student interested. I also tailor lessons based on a particular students learning style, because not all students learn in the same way.
* I have 3 years experience tutoring.
* I have tutored more then 50 students.
* My students have all improved their grades.
* Ages of my students ranged from 5-21.
* Subjects I have tutored included: Math, Science, English, Test Prep and Social Sciences.
I only tutor online and I require cancelation 2 hours prior to our scheduled session.
MICHEL J. GARCIA
Newport Beach Public Library, Newport Beach CA
Volunteer Literacy Services Tutor 05/19-current
• Administrative duties include: using Microsoft Outlook, data entry and filing progress reports.
• Tutoring Adult Learners in English reading and writing.
EasterSeals Southern California, Irvine, CA
Behavior Interventionist 08/17-06/19
• Performed administrative tasks: using Microsoft Outlook, data entry.
• Developed therapy programs for autistic children, guiding families through therapy and translating for parents.
American Red Cross-Disaster Cycle Services, Santa Ana CA
Preparedness Education Co-lead for the Sound the Alarm Campaign 08/17-06/18
• Performed administrative tasks: using Microsoft Outlook, data entry, corresponding with other organizations, researching and composing preparedness materials, compiled reports, and organization of Sound the Alarm records. Performed logistical, administrative and support related to the chapters other preparedness events.
• Collaborated with staff and volunteers to effectively deliver American Red Cross services and programs. Along with training volunteers in data entry and other clerical tasks.
• Assisted in leading Sound the Alarm events including: planning logistical aspects, preparing materials, creating maps, managing registration, processing paperwork, inventorying materials, presenting disaster preparedness education and canvassing communities.
Irvine Valley College, Irvine CA
Testing Center Proctor/Testing Center Specialist –Substitute 09/16-07/16
• Engaging in office management, ensuring current knowledge, and compliance of state and federal laws. Along with compliance of District and Vendor policies, regulations, and objectives. Planning, organizing and coordinating the Testing Center operations and schedule development.
• Preparing financial deposits and records, compiling of data collection, researching principles and practices.
• Maintaining of records, files, office equipment, software applications, systems, information retrieval systems, and other technologies pertinent to the Testing Center.
• Proctoring, proctor training, supervising staff, providing work direction and guidance of staff in order to resolve on-the-job issues.
• Inventorying and ordering of supplies, materials, and equipment for the Testing Center.
Saga Innovations, Bronx NY
Saga Innovations Math Tutor 09/15-07/16
• Tutoring middle school students in math and developing academic curriculums
New York Life, Manhattan NY 10/14-07/15
Enrichment Zone Tutor
• Worked on program development, management of ESL training and researched academic techniques, tutored students in grades 1-7
The Israeli Committee Against Housing Demolitions, Jerusalem, Israel 02/14 – 05/14
Intern (Jeff Halper, 2006 Noble Peace Prize Nominee)
• Researched materials Dr. Halper, updated the organizations website and acted as a liaison between ICAHD and other non-profits
Global Language Training, TESOL Certification program 06/19-Current
California State University, Chico, CA 12/13
Bachelor of Arts, International Relations
Concentration: Ethics, Justice and Policy
Pi Sigma Alpha, National Political Science Honor Society
Butte College, Oroville, CA 12/10
Associate of Arts, University Studies
Associate of Arts, Social and Behavioral Science
Bilingual: English, Spanish
Computer Applications; Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Database Applications, Kryterion software, Pearson Vue software, Pan software, Castle software, DSST software, ATI software, Social networking, and Apple software
history lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest sociology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, civic education lessons for all!
Taking politics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$15|