My approach as a tutor is to be cognizant of others' writing styles and interests. That said, my goal is to empower students to be confident in what they write while reaching their academic goals. I like to help guide students in a way that leads them to their own realizations throughout the writing and editing process.
I am a Senior studying International Relations at American University. I have held internships at the University of Notre Dame, Capitol Hill, and the Department of Justice. From speechwriting as an intern to publishing articles through organizations at AU, writing and editing has become a passion of mine over the years. I hope to help students improve upon their own abilities while learning to love what they write.
American University (School of International Service)
BA: International Studies with a focus on National Security and Foreign Policy (May 2021)
● School of International Service Dean’s List (Spring 2019); cumulative GPA 3.73 on a 4.0 scale.
● Selected as a student leader to participate in the two-week AU Perspectives trip to Israel in August 2019 to learn about and observe the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
● Relevant coursework: College Writing, Intensive; Intercultural Communication; Historical Research in
International Studies; How to Write a Decision Memo.
United States Representative Will Hurd (August 2020 - December 2020)
● Assisted members of staff and the Congressman with writing letters to constituents, cosponsor memos, legislative memos, and special projects, such as drafting a published foreword for the Congressman.
● Scheduled White House tours for constituents; responded to constituents via telephone, email, and letter; and served as a liaison between the public and staff.
Office of Public Affairs, United States Department of Justice (January 2020 - March 2020)
● Wrote and edited speeches, statements, op-eds, and letters for the Attorney General of the United States and other Justice Department officials such as the Deputy Attorney General of the United States.
United States Senator Mike Lee (September 2019 - December 2019)
● Assisted military and foreign affairs legislative team with research, memos, and weekly newsletters.
● Answered phone calls, responded to constituents, managed mail, and gave tours of the Capitol.
Center for Civic Innovation, University of Notre Dame (June 2019 - August 2019)
Bowman Creek Educational Ecosystem Intern
● Worked on the Southeast Neighborhood Development Team to synthesize a cohesive home buying process for 5 new homes, create physical and digital marketing material, co-host a block party to promote the assets of the community, and research design plans and cost estimates for a natural playground.
● Managed a $1,000 budget, planned a weekly schedule, and served as head of communications for my team.
Lucky Horse Equestrian Center (September 2015 - August 201)
● Instructed 15 beginner and intermediate students, over three years, on concepts of horseback riding.
● Managed events, such as birthday parties and camps, at the facility; coordinated monthly lesson scheduling.
CAMPUS LEADERSHIP AND COMMUNITY SERVICE
Model G20 Summit at American University
Deputy Leader (November 2020-Present)
● Second in charge of the policy and simulation side of the Model G20 Summit.
● Responsible for overseeing the accuracy of the summit, editing all published work, and helping to maintain the organization of policy staff (approx. 15).
Senior Advisor to the Leader (February 2020 - November 2020)
● Oversaw a virtual engagement task force of 11 staffers to plan 5 virtual events (4 workshops and 1 panel of speakers) in Fall 2020.
● Assisted in writing and editing the 2020 Summit handbook and correspondence such as statements and emails.
Senior Policy Advisor (April 2019-October 2019)
● Advised 2019 Japanese Presidency on “Global Health Threats” and “The Future of Trade & WTO Reform.”
● Chaired a working session on multilateralism, which required moderating round table discussion and formulating policy solutions for the communiqué.
Delegate (October 2018)
● Served as “Sherpa” for the Delegation of Turkey and was awarded the title of “Honorable Delegate” at the
conclusion of the 2018 Summit.
AUCatholic (August 2018 - Present)
● Actively plan and participate in social events, formal weekly events (speakers and small groups), and retreats.
American University Equestrian Team (April 2019 - May 2020)
● Coordinated directly with the university, coach, and the presiding organization on matters of funding, communications, scheduling, and recruiting.
● Managed 15 team members in weekly practices, monthly events, and monthly competitions.
Alexander Hamilton Society, American University Chapter
Co-President (April 2019-June 2020)
● Arranged approximately 4 guest speakers and debates throughout the school year.
● Communicated continuously with our 14 member executive board, the national office, and 200 member base.
First Year Ambassador (January 2019-April 2019)
● Served as a liaison between the freshman class and our AHS chapter.
● Assisted in planning and executing three speaker events throughout the Spring 2019 semester.
Girls on the Run, Washington, D.C.
Community Coach (September 2018-November 2018)
● Microsoft Word and Powerpoint
● French language (intermediate reading, intermediate verbal)
● Academic Research
● Writing and Editing
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest creative writing lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, essay writing lessons for all!
Taking Resume / Cover letter writing prep has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$15||$15|
|5 hours||Not available||$13||$75|
|10 hours||Not available||$11||$150|