I am an adaptable and easy going person. I will change my tutoring methods to be applicable to each student I teach based off their needs and age. In the past I have used a lot of visual and written aides. And am always looking for new and fun ways to help students learn.
I am an anthropologist currently getting her masters. I have been a tutor for a little over 3 years. Teaching students from the ages of 3- 15 years old, individually as well as in groups. I have taught multiple academic subjects including reading, spanish, and different fields in STEM.
Rate may vary up to $10 depending on distance needed to travel.
San Diego State University San Diego, CA
● Bachelor of Arts of Anthropology; Minor in Evolutionary Biology May 2019
● Master’s in Applied Anthropology May 2023
● Excellent Public Speaker
● Efficient at Time Management and Organization
● Effective at Prioritizing Tasks
● Additional Languages: Spanish (proficient); French (intermediate)
● Adept in Mathematics and Technology (i.e. Microsoft Suite, Higher Reach, SIMS, Google etc.)
SDSU College of Arts and Letters San Diego, CA
Instructional Student Aide (ISA) September 2020- Present
● Provided guidance to anthropology students via e-mail and zoom
● Graded papers and assignments for faculty in the anthropology department
San Diego Central Engineering for Kids San Diego, CA
Instructor April 2018- August 2020
• Teaching young children about the different fields of STEM through science/engineering experiments.
• Prepares the materials of the science kits as well as ensuring the most efficient way to teach the curriculum prior to workshops/classes.
• Instructs groups of 10-20 children, ages 4-13 with efficient classroom managing skills.
• Conducted research on various schools in the area to see to where the business could expand.
SDSU College of Extended Studies San Diego, CA
Registration Assistant February 2019- August 2019
• Worked in registration office answering phone calls and online chats politely and efficiently.
• Processing different actions of the registration process in a timely manner.
• Providing respectful customer service to the people who came to the registration window to inquire about the different programs and the different registration processes.
• Filing documentation and maintaining an organized environment.
SDSU College of Extended Studies San Diego, CA
Administrative Lab Assistant July 2016- May 2019
• Provided aid in the IT office by answering phone calls and screening to direct to the correct individual through the process of creating tickets.
• Was able to help with any technical difficulties that arose in the computer labs, and classrooms within the college.
• Maintaining an organized environment and keeping track of the lab schedules.
Sigma Lambda Gamma Inc. San Diego, CA
Treasurer July 2016- June 2017
• Coordinate a yearly budget with the President at the beginning of each academic year in conjunction with the financial management of the chapter.
• Submit accurate bank account reports at business meetings and maintain semester budget records every week.
• In charge of reimbursements to members, who have been approved, with receipts available within two weeks.
• Responsible for all contracts including payment plans, collecting money from all chapter members, and deposit checks on a weekly basis. be the one authorized to sign for checks.
• See to enforcing the organizations financial policies and pay all chapter obligations by the deadline provided by SDSU and the National Headquarters.
• Submit report of members not in good financial chapter standing to the executive board, who will then determine whether members qualify for social probation.
SDSU Research Assistant August 2015- May 2017
Assisted Dr. Gerardo Perez’s research in antibiotic resistance via siRNA. We used antisense technology to inhibit ampicillin resistance in E. coli. Trained in plasmid isolation and purification, bacterial transformation, polymerase chain reaction, and performing bioassays. Made media and sterilization by autoclave and filtration method
Ethnoprimatology Internship August 2018- May 2019
Worked under Dr. Riley. Analyzed primate data to examine how male macaques interact with each other as well as evaluated data concerning the human- primate interface. Synthesized academic publications on primatology and related fields to better understand primatology concepts and methods.
Undergraduate Research Symposium Spring 2017
Presented a research poster, I created under Dr. Gerardo Perez concerning antibiotic resistance via siRNA. I presented this to the public as well as judges who did walk arounds. I explained the research and the future steps we expected to take to get optimal results.
Undergraduate Research Symposium Spring 2019
Presented a research poster, I created under Dr. Erin Riley assessing whether anthropogenically modified environments in Sulawesi, Indonesia provide suitable habitat for the critically endangered Moor Macaque. I presented this to the public as well as judges who did walk arounds. I explained the research as well as what can be done in terms of future conservation efforts moving forward.
reading lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, essay writing lessons for all!
Taking literacy lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$25||$20|
|5 hours||Not available||$100||$100|
|10 hours||Not available||$225||$200|