I have an M.B.A. and a decade of experience teaching online graduate level and undergraduate level business classes for two large universities in the United States. Courses taught include Marketing Research, Leadership, Critical Thinking, Marketing, Management, International Business and Project Management. I also have a Bachelor of Science and teach Biology, Zoology and Botany.
I have designed several new courses for both universities.
My online teaching experience has been with a diverse body of students from traditional and adult learners, to ESL students and the military. I am an experienced user of Blackboard and other custom Online Learning Systems as well as Excel, Word, Access, Powerpoint, Publisher and Outlook.
I like using Skype for individual interaction with my students, since it is a more natural way to communicate and share information than some of the more formal online conference methods.
Lessons will be based on a structured syllabus that addresses clearly defined learning objectives.
As mentioned earlier, I have been teaching online for over 10 years. Classes are typically 12 to 22 students and are taught asynchronously. The students I teach are in the process of earning either an undergraduate or graduate degree. However, I also teach individual lessons, which can be structured to suit the student's own schedule and need for tutoring support.
Fees are in U.S. dollars. Scaled rate is for online lessons only. For lessons at a student's home outside the 10 mile perimeter, there will be an additional charge for travel expenses.
TEACHING EXPERIENCE: Extensive experience (ongoing) in online training and internet collaboration methods. Currently approved to teach following courses:
UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX – Graduate Level (2006 – Present)
LDR/535 – Organizational Leadership
MMPBL/580 - Marketing Management
COM/530 - Communication for Accountants
MKT/571 - Marketing
MBA/570 - Sustainable Customer Relationships
PHL/320 – Critical Thinking & Decision Making in Business
BUS-212 – Foundations of Business
HERZING UNIVERSITY – Undergraduate Level (2009 – Present)
BU/105 - Business Principles & Management
BU/220 - Principles of Marketing
BU/328 - Product Innovation & Development
BU/329 - Managing Project Teams
BU/406 - International Business
BU/345 - Project Management
BU/447 - Marketing Research
BU/216 - Social Media
UNIVERSITY OF TOLEDO (CONTINUING EDUCATION PROGRAM)
How to Build High Performance Teams
Personal Strategies for Managing Stress
Assertiveness Training for the Workplace
JUNIOR ACHIEVEMENT PROGRAM
Economics for Business
COURSE DEVELOPMENT EXPERIENCE: I have been a course developer or subject matter expert for the following courses:
BU/447 - Marketing Research (2010)
BU/216 - Social Media (2011)
BU/406 – International Business (2011)
Art of Negotiation (Peer Review)
Customer Relationship Management (Peer Review)
UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX (Graduate Level)
International Business (2009)
Customer Behavior (2010)
• G.C.E. ‘O’ Level certification from Oxford University in Mathematics, English Language, English Literature, Zoology, Botany, Art and French
• B.S. Molecular Genetics (1978) summa cum laude, valedictorian – University of Toledo
• M.B.A. Marketing (1986) – University of Toledo
• Honor Societies: Phi Kappa Phi – Science, Beta Gamma Sigma - Business
• Certified Advanced Facilitator - 2013
• Kepner Tregoe Certification – Problem Solving and Decision Making
• Certification – Michael Porter : Strategic Competitive Advantage Program
• Certification – Total Quality Management
• Nominated for Teacher of the Year Award – Herzing University 2011
Fluent in English and French
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS (Past & Present)
• Association of Strategic Marketing
• Society of Competitive Intelligence Professionals
• Construction Market Research Council
• American Statistical Association
• American Marketing Association
• Association of Female Executives
• Textile Analysts Group
• Society of Plastics Committee on Resin Statistics
• Chemical Market Research Association
• Animal Health Information Specialists
RECOGNITION & AWARDS
• Tribute to Women & Industry (TWIN) Award - 1986
• Outstanding Women of Toledo - 1987
• 1984 Commencement Speaker - University of Toledo
• Chairman - 1989 Tribute to Women & Industry
• Board of Directors - Toledo Opera Association
• Ohio Director - The British Nursing Home, Chicago
• Board of Directors - Toledo Home for Battered Women
• Board Member - Scholarship Fund, University of Toledo
• State Organizer - Daughters of the British Empire in Ohio, Inc.
• Worked for five years at the military arm of NATO just outside Bruxelles, Belgium. Responsibilities at the Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe (SHAPE) included work for both the Plans & Policy (PANDP) and Budget & Finance (BUDFIN) Divisions, within the secure area of the SHAPE Headquarters. I reported to a U.S. Army Colonel and worked with high ranking officers of the U.S. Air Force and Navy, as well as officers and enlisted personnel from 14 NATO nations. I had a Cosmic Top Secret clearance during my tenure at SHAPE. My work required both English and French speaking capabilities.
• Worked with scientists and engineers at Owens Corning’s Granville Research Center to conduct Think-Tank sessions to identify new commercial uses for asphaltic materials. Was responsible for design, recruitment, facilitation and analysis of results. As a result of these sessions, several patents were applied for, including one that is jointly held by me and scientists at the Research Center for the design of asphaltic membrane material for use in equine floor covering.
• Additional experience in working with same scientific and engineering community providing Voice of Customer input to direct research focus and post-discovery coordination to affect future product development
• Designed and copyrighted several marketing research survey techniques, viz.
PACS © – Product Attribute Choice System
PIT © – Process Index Tracking
TOMS © – Techniques for Optimum Media Selection
• Helped in the application of software that compares clinical outcomes data for 4,600 healthcare organizations across the nation (Performance Analysis)
• Developed programs to increase patient recall and improve practice management aimed at the dental, chiropractic, optometric and podiatric professions.
• Hired as a consultant and successfully designed and managed the reorganization of the Lenawee County Historical Society in Michigan
• Committee Member, Arts Lenawee
• Consultant – Lenawee County Historical Society
• Funding Committee, Arts Commission of Greater Toledo
• Chairman, Business & Industry Committee (Funding) - 1987 Sapphire Ball (Toledo Operatic Society)
• Project Business Consultant - Junior Achievement – 1984 - 88
• Committee Person - March of Dimes
• Advisor - Adopt-A-School Program (1992-93)
• Chairman - Annual Celebration for Women (Seminar & Workshop Program)
biology lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|