I am a fun, funny, and informative scholar; leveraging multi-media, humor, and wide ranging knowledge to maximize the educational experience for all students. I specialize at meeting each student at his/her own level empowering them to achieve their goals.
I have had myriad positions throughout my career as both teacher and administrator. I have taught various age groups (pre-school through the golden years). Particular areas of expertise include English, American History, World Religions, Old Testament, & Pop Culture.
LA ORT Technical College, Los Angeles, CA 2017 - 2020
• Responsible for restructuring, designing and maintaining core curriculum to ensure academic readiness and licensure in the following subjects: Phlebotomy, AASD programs (Dental Assisting and MRI technology), and English/Writing,
• Manage teacher recruitment, training, and ongoing evaluation and professional development
• Developing organizational response to Bureau of Postsecondary Private Education investigation and manage ongoing Accreditation and Reciprocity
• Counsel students, and provide academic, professional, and personal guidance and support
• Taught American Government, American History, Communication Skills, Cultural Studies, and assisted in High School/GRE program at ACCET accredited technical college
Florence Melton School of Adult Jewish Learning, Los Angeles, CA 2013 – current
• Teach and wrote various curricular units including Jewish history, practice, ethics, humor, and literature, to adults throughout Los Angeles.
Adat Shalom Synagogue, Westwood, CA 2011 – 2013 Religious School Director and Community Builder
• Revived annual family retreat, reenergized Men’s Club and Sisterhood educational and social programming.
• Developed and managed ongoing budget
• Rewrote the Hebrew School curriculum, led family Shabbat and holiday services and programs
• Coordinated community blood drive with neighborhood churches
• Performed all personnel functions, including ongoing recruitment and supervision
• Instrumental in creating dynamic parent committee that actively collaborated with teachers to enhance school and synagogue programming
Shaare Shalom Hebrew School, St. Louis, MO 2008 – 2010
• Developed and managed operating budget
• Worked with board of directors, senior staff, and parents
• Designed curriculum, hired teachers, established budgets.
• Coordinated publicity and communication between two constituent synagogues, developed Parent/Teacher committee, and headed up efforts to recruit members. Within two years the school grew from zero to 100+ students.
Solomon Schechter Day School, Saint Louis, MO 2005 – 2008
Assistant Head of School
• Developed and implemented curriculum for Hebrew, Judaic Studies, and History
• Hired, trained and coordinated professional development for teachers and teacher aids
• Planned and coordinated various off-site encampments and retreats for students and staff
• Oversaw departmental budget and generated quarterly board reports
• Designed, led and successfully raised funds for annual eighth grade educational trip to Israel
• Oversaw daily schedules, monitored curricular effectiveness, and
• Spearheaded PR efforts and wrote for community-wide publications
• Instituted new electronic communication with parents to facilitate greater openness between parents and staff
RELEVANT AWARDS/HONORS (St. Louis, MO)
● Stuart I. Raskas Outstanding Day School Teacher Award
● Grinspoon/Steinhardt Award for Excellence in Jewish Education
● JProSTL Outstanding Adult Jewish Educator
● Independent Schools Association of the Central States – Accreditation Team Member
Jewish Education Agency/Fort Worth Hebrew Day School, Fort Worth, TX 2003 - 2005
• Supervised all aspects of Day School, Preschool, and Summer Camp including budgeting, staffing, supervising, and reporting to board of Directors
• Coordinated PR and communications with two constituent congregations significantly raising school profile in community
• Performed all personnel functions, interfaced with Board of Directors, and represented schools in public inter-faith functions
Other Relevant Experience
Full list of historical experience available upon request.
Various locations throughout the U.S.
University of Judaism, Los Angeles, CA
● Master of Arts in Education
● Bachelor of Hebrew Literature
University of Texas, Austin
● Bachelor of Arts
LA Fellows, Valley College, Van Nuys, California
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, creative writing lessons for all!
Taking essay writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$75||$75|