I have a very song focused approach, whether you have never written a word of a song ever or have written one hundred, I like to start with one and what is in front of us and talk about all the ways that it can be improved from brainstorming alternative ideas, to making sure every part makes sense and serves the song. Note: while I have learned a lot about music theory over the years, I am not trained in this area. I can certainly teach parts of this that are important to writing songs, but it is not my intent to provide a theory background that would be the equivalent of college level training.
I am songwriter who has written hundreds of songs for all ages levels, some of those songs have won awards. I started writing songs for bands that I played in - mostly in the general "rock" genre, and then shifted to writing songs for children and families on the side. While I am a songwriter and musician, I am still a fan of music. I love listening to it, and learning more about it always.
I have taught over three thousand students in private lessons, group lessons, and seminars, and have workshopped thousands and thousands of songs in all manner of genre.
• Founder of Children's/Kindie band, The Hoots, (concealed information)
• Played hundreds of shows around the country
• Sold thousands of albums.
• Received numerous awards including, but limited to, Parent's Choice Award, Great American Song Contest, International Songwriting Competition, and the Austin Songwriters Group
• Taught over 3,000 students songwriting
• Have given presentations on Songwriting and Production.
songwriting lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|