My MFA specialized in Creative Writing, specifically non-fiction/memoir and writing for the screen, either feature of television. If students are writing for the screen, I have them write a basic outline of the action of the story, give them examples of films or TV shows to watch that share themes, genre, or characterizations. The students write a scene and the class reads it aloud, everyone taking a character's role. My approach to teaching non-fiction/memoir is very similar. If I'm teaching literature, I find out what kind of writing/stories the students gravigate to and pick a story that's similar and one that's radically different from their tastes, then we discuss their experiences and compare and contrast the stories.
I started teaching six months ago after finishing my Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing at Augsburg University, I teach screenwriting to adults through Minneapolis Community Education, and I teach ESL to grade school students in Shanghai, China.
If the student needs to cancel in less than 24 hours, half the teaching fee will be charged.
Patricia currently teaches English as a Second Language to elementary students in Shanghai, China for Education First
Patricia also currently teaches Screenwriting to adults for Minneapolis Community Education.
Patricia is an experienced web content writer for a variety of industries including Marketing and Public Relations. Completing short articles, from 500 to 1,500 words, for web sites and blogs.
Achievements: Patricia recently completed a concentration in Publishing in her MFA program. She was part of the selection process of the 2016 Howling Bird Press publication and editing of the manuscript called The Topless Widow of Herkimer Street. She read 100 manuscripts as part of the judging process. She also has an editing credit in the book. She finished this in August 2017.
• Writing blogs and articles for various clients
• Pitching article ideas to various clients
• Writing and editing questionnaires, screeners and key findings reports
• Editing various publications
• Research methodologies managed and utilized: focus groups, usability testing, persona development, ad tracking, and brand awareness
• Online Secondary Research & Online surveys
• Database management in Sales Force and MS Access
• Worked closely with a variety of corporate clients such as Nickelodeon/MTV, PBS, and Target as well as a variety of boutique advertising agencies and website design firms
• Interviewing and training prospective employees
Chronological Summary of Experience
Education First April 2019 to Present
• Teaching conversational English and basic grammar to children living in China using an online teaching platform
• Grading and evaluating student strengths and weaknesses by filing reports with their parents
Minneapolis Community Education April 2019 to Present
• Teaching basic screenwriting skills to adults interested in writing for the screen: television, short film, web series or feature film
• Workshopping and evaluating students’ writing
Words R Weapons July 2016 to March 2018
• Content writer for web sites, web content articles and blogs for a variety of industries including health care, technology products, and leisure activities
NYC Midnight Writing Competition 2018 to Present
• Reading, scoring and making rewriting suggestions to screenwriters who enter this writing competition
DC Group July 2016 to January 2019
• Contact potential clients via telephone & email to set up potential development meetings
• Conduct email campaigns to contact decision makers
Hospitalists Now December 2014 to 2015
• Database management in Sales Force, coordinating corporate development meetings, developing and distributing marketing materials in email formats.
• Conducted email campaigns to C-Level decision-makers in the hospital management arena
IPC The Hospitalist Company Inc. October 2012 to May 2014
• Database management in Sales Force, coordinating corporate development meetings, writing and editing marketing materials in both online and paper collateral formats.
Senior Project Manager
Leede Research 2000 to 2012
• Part of the start-up of the company in 2000, then managed a wide variety of Market Research studies, Qualitative and Quantitative as well as numerous outside vendors.
• Wrote training and policies and procedures manuals
• Edited Key Findings Reports
Patricia is currently on the film festival circuit with a short film she wrote and produced called 100,000 Miles a Second. It has had theatrical screenings in over 30 festivals in the U.S., United Kingdom, Italy, France, Indonesia and Serbia, it has also won several awards.
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literature lessons for all!
Taking creative writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$25||$20|
|5 hours||Not available||$21||$100|
|10 hours||Not available||$18||$200|