My tutoring style is individual, I love to get to know a student and see how they learn best. I love drawing out diagrams because that's what has helped me in the past too! Practice makes perfect, and the ideal learning scenario would involve a student eventually being able to "teach" me what they were once struggling with.
I have a Bachelor's degree in Biology with a minor in English from Wake Forest University and have completed one year of graduate coursework in Molecular Biology from Indiana University. I've conducted molecular biology research in college focusing on plant growth and I've had tutoring experience in high school and college in Biology.
Wake Forest University – Winston-Salem, NC – Bachelor of Arts in Biology
GRACE Christian School – Raleigh, NC
College Preparatory Diploma
Fellowships and Awards:
Wake Forest Research Fellowship
• Received a fellowship to conduct a self-developed genetics research project under the supervision of a research mentor over the course of ten weeks.
• Analyzed and presented scholarly work during an Undergraduate Research Day.
Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC
Molecular Biology Undergraduate Researcher, Dr. Gloria Muday's Lab, January 2017 – May 2019
• Learned basic laboratory techniques (RNA/DNA extraction, confocal and stereoscopic microscopy, sterile technique, reagent preparation) to aid in further research.
• Studied the effects of ethylene-sensitive transcription factors on root architecture of Arabidopsis.
Triangle Compounding Pharmacy, Cary, NC
Sterile Pharmacy Technician, September 2020-present
• Compounded sterile preparations technician at a facility specializing in compounding controlled pain medications.
Wake Forest University Fitness Center, Winston-Salem, NC
Facility Supervisor, November 2018-May 2019
• Oversaw the safety of patrons as well as dozens of facility attendants during shifts.
Prestonwood Country Club, Cary, NC
Hostess, May 2015-August 2017
• Provided friendly customer service to dozens of customers on a daily basis.
• Performed tasks related to daily operations including opening and closing.
biology lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cell biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, genetics lessons for all!
Taking molecular biology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$13|