There are various teaching strategies and methods that I have used with my students. My preferred one is based on maximizing the use of Italian language in the lessons, reducing the emphasis on grammar. I therefore give more responsibility to the pupil to try and work out grammar structures and vocabulary for himself/herself/themselves. I encourage my pupils to speak in Italian at all times. Activities for this may simply include questioning, reading passages out loud, or role playing. I find that role playing is always fun as it encourages students to think outside of the box and use their imagination to produce an interesting dialogue.
- Qualified Teacher with over 15 years' experience
- Native Italian speaker, with flawless knowledge of Italian language and comprehensive knowledge of Italian culture
- AP Italian training
- Personalized instruction
- Have taught individual and group lessons to students of all ages and backgrounds
I have over 15 years of energetic, very engaging and knowledgeable teaching experience in History of
Western Philosophy, European History, Psychology and Italian. I have taught students of diverse backgrounds and ages in a variety of urban settings including public school, university and home.
LICENSURE and CERTIFICATIONS
- ACTFL (American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages) Italian Writing Proficiency Test (Superior) Sept. 2017, Oral Proficiency Interview (Superior) Sept. 2017.
- State of New Mexico Teaching License, 2015.
- Italian Licensure for the Teaching of Psychology, Pedagogy and Social Sciences, 2001.
- Italian Licensure for the Teaching of Philosophy and History, 2001.
• College and High School Teacher in Philosophy, History, Politics, Psychology and Italian in UK, Italy and US.
• Bilingual and biliterate in Italian/English with multi-cultural experience abroad and locally
PhD, Political Theory, 1996 University of Wales, UK.
M.Phil., Philosophy, 1989 University of Lecce, Italy
M.Counseling 2011, ASPIC, Roma-Bari, Italy
Casa Italiana Ente Promotore, Washington, DC, February 2019 to present. Teacher of Italian Language and Literature to native Italian 7th grade students, official Italian Government sponsored Integrative course for Italian students abroad.
Private Language Instructor. Baltimore, MD, 1-3-2019 to present. Private Language Instructor in person and online, to several students of diverse background.
Teacher, Full Time - Sept. 2017 – Oct. 2017
World Languages - - - Italian: Intro to Italian; Italian 1 - - - MD, US
Teacher, Full Time Tenure - Sept. 2001 – Aug. 2018
World History, MIUR, Italy
- AP Italian Language and Culture (Professional Development Workshop for Teachers, Feb. 2018)
- Berlitz method training for foreign language teaching (Feb. 2019)
Italian: Native Language.
Perfect! Lesson was great! I really look forward to working with Mirella on my Italian in the weeks to come.
I have been studying Italian with Mirella for 9 months. Mirella is an excellent professional teacher in all respects; she is encouraging but appropriately challenging. She is extremely well prepared, reliable and knowledgeable. Her gentle and encouraging teaching manner has enabled me to find learning Italian much less daunting, and her sense of fun and humour has made the learning process fun. Through her help my Italian contacts have commented on how well I now pronounce Italian.
She demonstrates a thorough understanding of my learning needs, and is able to adapt easily to whether I need encouragement with conversational Italian, or help with more formal grammar teaching.
I have found her to be a teacher of the highest standards and could not have wished more from a teacher. Quite simply, I could not recommend her highly enough.
I have been learning Italian with Mirella for three months. She is very professional, supportive, and attentive!
italian lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - italian lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - italian lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - italian lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$40||Not available||$35|
|5 hours||$180||Not available||$175|
|10 hours||$320||Not available||$350|