My teaching method is to figure out where the student is struggling and focus on building the skills necessary to improve those areas. I think every student's learning style is unique, and I adapt my teaching techniques according to each student. I believe in developing a safe and honest learning environment where the student can not only feel confident in confiding in me for any questions or concerns they may have, but also creating a fun atmosphere. I hope to enable my students to become confident in their knowledge and skills, and inspire a passion for learning and creativity.
Hello! I'm currently a Freshman majoring in Communication at the University of Southern California. I've been running my own photography business for the past four years. I'm well-versed in utilizing camera settings, techniques, composition, etc. as well as programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, InDesign, and Illustrator. I can offer basic photography lessons, or if you'd like to delve into specific topics or areas, I'm well-equipped to do so as well.
University of Southern California - Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism | Class of 2024
- B.A. Communication major
- relevant coursework: Design Theory, Communication and Media Economics
Valley Christian High School (San Jose, CA) | Class of 2020
- cumulative GPA: 3.98 unweighted
- USC DAILY TROJAN: Staff Photographer
- SPEC MAGAZINE: Visual Designer
OWNER, PRINCIPLE, Kellie's Photography
- (concealed information)
- Photograph/volunteer for dog rescues
- Photograph for companies, events, people, correspond ideas w/ clients, practice communication skills, collaborate w/ others, edit photos
- Well-versed in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom, Adobe Indesign, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Bridge
- Market and advertise services to attract clients, photographed 100+ people since inception
EXHIBITIONS, PUBLICATIONS, & MARKETED WORKS:
- Self portrait exhibited at VCHS Student Life Center
- 2 Photographs exhibited at the California State Fair in Sacramento, CA (2019)
- Photographs used for marketing purposes for Pressed Juicery, TIXXO (clothing brand), Devout Coffee, Secret Kingdom (Phone Cases)
- Photo collections published in Studio 408 Magazine Issue 1 & 2 (2018 & 2019), P.ART Literary Magazine, Blueprint Magazine
- Silver Key, Scholastic Art and Writing Awards, Photography, 2020
- 3 Honorable Mentions, Scholastic Art and Writing Awards, Photography, 2020
- Silver Key, Scholastic Art and Writing Awards, Photography, 2018
- 2 Honorable Mentions, Scholastic Art and Writing Awards, Photography, 2019
- 2nd Place, CA State Fair Student Showcase, Drawing, 2017
- Best of Show, Best of Class, Alameda County Fair Student Showcase, Photography, 2018
FOUNDER & EDITOR-IN-CHIEF, VCHS Blueprint Magazine
- Student-run publication featuring the arts, athletics, stem, business, and lifestyle topics
- Proof-read, edited, and approved all content
- Successfully obtained approval for the 1st publication on campus by VCS administration and advisor
- Correspond articles w/staff & peers for a team of 60+ members, design layouts & assign team jobs
- Raised $1,000 in a week, received $2,000 school sponsorship, and negotiated printing price business owners for 60% off
- Printed 1000+ full color copies & published online
CO-FOUNDER & PRESIDENT, Reading River (2019)
- Tutored kids pre-k through 6th grade in reading literacy and comprehension for over 6 years (2014-2020)
- Recruited 200+ volunteers from Bay Area schools, serviced over 500 students
TEACHING ASSISTANT, Wisdom Culture & Education Organization
- Teaching assistant for a 300 student Chinese Folk Arts summer camp
- Guided kids through cultural activities featuring folk art, activities, lessons, singing, and dancing
photography lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest digital photography lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, portrait photography lessons for all!
Taking food photography lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$15|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$75|