My main focus is teaching students the ability to learn themselves. Mathematics is a great way to train our logic, so I'll teach you how the logic works in math. By understanding the material, students will realize that there are way less formula they need to memorize. In addition, there is always a different way to solve a problem. I'm able to explain a math problem in different perspectives, and I also encourage my students using different methods. For a wrong answer, I will also ask students' method first, then explain where he/she missed, why that method won't work, and how to fix it. These are the essential skills not only for math, but also for future life after school.
I have two B.A. degree from UC Berkeley, with majors in applied math and statistics. Also have a M.S. degree from Caltech in geophysics. I've been tutoring since 2006 and always focus on math and physics. Many of my students got A in their math classes, and/or a score 5 in AP Calculus and AP statistics. I've also teaching math competitions (i.e. Math Olympiad, Math Kangaroo, AMC 8 , AMC 10/12, etc). Some of my students ranked top 5% nationally in AMC, and perfect scores in Math Kangaroo and Math Olympiad.
Cancellation Policy: 12 hours
California Institute of Technology M.S. - Geophysics Overall GPA: 3.5/4.0
University of California, Berkeley B.A. - Applied Mathematics and Statistics Overall GPA: 3.7/4.0
Computer Languages Python, Matlab, SAS, R, SQL
Software & Tools Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, and VBA
Math/Science Tutoring Services (since 2006)
- Present Math Competition/AP/SAT/ACT Tutor
- Experience in one-on-one or small class (2-10 students) setting
- Explain and help to solve math problems up to AP Calc and AP Stats
- Be able to help college level math (e.g. linear algebra, ordinary and partial differential equations)
- Be able to teach math competitions (e.g. Math Olympiad, Math Kangaroo, AMC 8/10/12)
- Strengthen students confidence in learning math
- Be able to explain math concept in different ways
- Advised students about choosing math classes and college requirements
Graduate Research Assistant - California Institute of Technology
· Conduct cutting-edge research under guidance of professors
· Present research result in scientific meetings
· Be able to learn new technology quick and use them
Perfect! She is able figure out what a student needed to learn first, offers tips and tricks on how to solve problems, and most of all, encourage students to learn the how and why of problem solving leading to having fun with Math. She is there to lead students, and guide them in figuring out for themselves how to tackle a math problem. Simply outstanding!
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|