I am confident in teaching middle and high school levels of science, university level introductory science courses. Depending on the type of help needed, I am creative with different study materials, mnemonics, diagrams, graphs, ect. Most importantly, I want to foster an engaging and confidence boasting environment for the student.
I graduated with my degree in Biochemistry and have over three years of academic and government research experience in microbiology, biophysics, cell and molecular biology, and organic chemistry. Throughout college I enjoyed forming study groups in my courses my peers and I greatly benefited from them.
Rates are subject to change.
24 hours cancellation notice is required.
Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry
The University of Texas at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX
Cumulative GPA: 3.21
Graduation Date: December 2019
Relevant Coursework: Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Virology, Biophysical Chemistry, Molecular Biophysics, Analytical Chemistry, and Organic Chemistry I and II.
Naval Medical Research Unit-San Antonio, JBSA Fort Sam Houston, TX
Research Technician II May 2020 - Present
University of Texas at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX
Undergraduate Researcher March 2017-December 2019
UTSA South Texas Center for Emerging Infectious Diseases
• Generated a library of pleotropic drug resistance genes knockouts in Mucor circinelloides fungi to further study if factors such as morphology, virulence, and drug-resistance were affected.
• Investigated multi-drug resistant mechanisms in Mucor fungi with available antifungal treatments with in vitro and in vivo studies in mouse and wax moth larvae models.
• Trained and mentored three undergraduate students over two years.
• Managed laboratory inventory and equipment.
Research Initiative for Scientific Enhancement (RISE)-2 Trainee Spring 2018- Fall 2019
UTSA Center for Research and Training in the Sciences
• Full Engagement in NIH/UTSA RISE Program Professional Training Series.
• Completed RISE and MARC courses in Foundations for Doctoral Program Preparation and Moving Towards the Ph.D.
• Attended weekly pre-professional and academic success workshops and seminar series.
UTSA Pre-RISE Rising Researchers Trainee August 2015 – December 2015
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY
Department of Pharmacology and Physiology
Summer Scholars Program
• Elucidated possible ATP binding motifs in mammalian bestrophin ion channels by generating various mutations in suspected residues. Conducted whole-cell patch clamp and lipid bilayer experiments to assess the role of ATP with bestrophin ion channels
• Acquired knowledge and skill set in the fields of molecular biology, structural biology, and biophysics.
• Attended weekly professional development workshops and pre-graduate training.
biology lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest genetics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, microbiology lessons for all!
Taking molecular biology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$13|