In general, I think science is something that people convince themselves is too hard to do. When I tutor students, my main goal is to foster an understanding of the material being studied, and to show the student that with a little practice, the subject can be tackled! Generally, I will work a practice problem related to a concept and show the student my work. Instead of just making sure you get the right answers, I will make sure you understand why the right answer is the right answer. If you understand the process, you will be able to extrapolate that knowledge to new, complex problems that you might see on a quiz or a test when I'm not there! I will help you understand the method behind the madness, and improved grades will follow!
I am a recent graduate from the University of Southern Indiana where I studied Biochemistry and graduated Magna cum laude. In my time at USI, I extensively studied Physical, Inorganic, Organic, Quantitative, and Molecular chemistry. I have tutored general and organic chemistry for six years to over 30 students, and my students typically see significant improvement. I have worked both independently tutoring individuals, and for the university as a Supplemental Instructor in the introductory chemistry classes. It would be my pleasure to help you along in your learning process!
A flat rate fee of $5 will be added to the cost of the lesson if travel is required.
- Graduated from the University of Southern Indiana with a 3.9 GPA and a Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry
- Worked as a Supplemental Instructor for introductory chemistry classes
- 88% of students who attended my sessions passed the class, those who did not attend had a pass rate of 58%
- Independently tutored chemistry to high school and college-aged students since 2016
- Four years of chemistry lab experience including designing and executing experiments
chemistry lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest other sciences lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, organic chemistry lessons for all!
Taking biochemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$20||$20|