I style my lessons individually, focusing on the learning methods of each individual students. For humanities courses I focus largely on the content, and for STEM courses I like to implement a problem-solving approach. I like to explain skills stepwise.
I received over a 90 on every regents exam I took in high school and tutored my peers throughout my four years of high school. I also tutored for two years in my undergraduate career in a variety of english and psychology courses. I majored in psychology with a minor in biology, and took pre-health courses up to biochemistry.
My rates vary whether I have to travel to SI by car due to the toll of the Verrazzano Narrows Bridge.
Brooklyn, NY 11209
Macaulay Honors College of Staten Island, City University of New York, Staten Island, NY
Bachelor of Science in Psychology earned June 2019
Minor: Biology GPA: 3.76
Staten Island Zoo, Staten Island, NY July 2018 – Present
Animal Hospital Intern
• Provide medical care to a wide variety of zoo animals
• Conduct sample processing – blood tubes, hematocrit/total protein, slide staining, fecal floats
• Perform anesthesia monitoring – O2 / isoflurane vaporizer, monitoring equipment, emergency
• Utilize clinical techniques – drawing medications, SQ and IM injections, drug does calculation
Animal Care and Nutrition Corps Intern September 2016 – August 2018
• Prepared nutritionally specific diets for animals inhabiting the Zoo in the Commissary
• Cared for and enriched animals in the Children’s Center department
• Cared for and enriched animals in the Tropical Forest I section of the Zoo
• Answered questions and provided directions for guests at the Zoo
Institute for Basic Research, Staten Island, NY September 2017 - Present
Research Assistant - Neuroscience
• Investigated prenatal environmental factors on a mouse model of autism spectrum disorder
• Conduct experiments with mice investigating behaviors pertaining to autism spectrum disorder
• Compile data research from papers written about autism spectrum disorder
• Maintain the animal colony of test mice
New York University, Manhattan, NY June 2019 - Present
Medical Scribe, Department of Neurosurgery
• Accompany physician during patient consultation and assist in recording patient past medical history, physical exam findings, treatment plans, and follow-up into EPIC electronic medical record.
• Fulfilled 30 hours of training including but not limited to: medical terminology, pathophysiology of medical illnesses, clinical exam findings, appropriate medical testing
Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY
Companion Care Volunteer August 2017 – January 2019
• Provided compassionate and attentive care to patients in the cardiac, med-surge, antepartum, and pediatric units of the hospital
• Assured patient safety with constant attention; collaborated with medical staff
• Assisted in patient feeding and tended to patient needs
TEACH Volunteer July 2017 - Present
• Present STEM-based educational modules to children in hospital
• Instruct patients in the pediatric ward of the hospital, modifying material based on age
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint)
• First Aid Certified
• Proficient in Greek
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$30||$30|