In order to create the best materials possible, I will ask for a rough draft/ current and most up to date resume available. Once I review the materials, I will determine if a phone call is necessary to gather more detail for resumes specifically. Once I have enough information I will formulate the bullet points necessary, or edit the written materials accordingly and send to the student for a review. Once the student reviews the materials, I will finalize the document and send it in word and PDF format.
I am currently a career specialist with a year of experience working with 150+ college students on career planning. I work to take student experiences and create resumes, cover letters, and application material that make them competitive candidates for internships and entry-level positions. Through the process, I also work to empower students to improve their writing skills so they can master updating their resume and writing cover letters on their own in the future.
The is $50 for resumes, $25 for cover letters, application material over 2 pages $30, and essay material 6 or more pages $40. *note: items that need less than a week turn around will incur rush charges*
Free 30 minute review and suggestion write of your first application material
University of South Carolina; Columbia, SC
Bachelor of Arts in History;
Minor in African American Studies
May 12, 2018
Overall GPA: 3.831
President's List (2 semesters)
Dean’s List (4 semesters)
Graduation with Leadership Distinction in Research
Gilder Lehrman History Scholars Award
Grace Jordan McFadden Scholarship Award
University of South Carolina Outstanding Senior Award
2016 Celebration of Excellence Award
The National Society of Collegiate Scholars (January 2016-May 2018)
History Student Spotlight
Discovery Day Undergraduate Research Conference 1st place in Arts and Sciences
Sponsors for Educational Opportunity, Career Assistant
New York, NY
• Edit resume, cover letter, and application material for a cohort of 200+ students for opportunities ranging from fellowship and graduate school applications to entry-level job opportunities and internships.
Intern for the New York Historical Society's Center for Women's History, New York City, NY
• Archival research in the NYHS's extensive graphic, printed, digital, and manuscript collections
• Curating archival research into blog post and contributions to the „Women's Voices“ permanent exhibit
• Editing historic bios to reflect the Women and the American Story curriculum
• Researching art and artifacts and creating curriculum to reflect the themes of Women and the American Story
Research Intern for the Center for Civil Rights History and Research, Columbia SC
August 2017-May 2018
• Collect information from historic newspaper databases spaning over a hundred years
• Organize information into excel spread sheets consisiting of over 80 notes
• Compiling and footnoting historic intrviews into a 6 chapter book transcript
• Wrote a Civil Rights article for the University's Garnet and Black Magazine
• Assisted in mediating community panel discussions on historic events
Undergraduate Research Assistant Department of African American Studies/ Criminology , Columbia SC
January 2017-May 2017
University of South Carolina Discovery Day Presenter
• Designed an excel spread sheet to compile information on over 600 faculty members, extracted from 36 Universities
• Assisted in identifying issues affecting women of color in academia
• Presented preliminary findings at Discovery Day Research Conference
history lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest general knowledge lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, college / university preparation lessons for all!
Taking social science lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$50||$50|