My teaching approach is student (learner) centered. I find it beneficial when the students are interacting consistently throughout the lesson. I try to keep my "teacher talk" direct and to the point, that way it is more of an interactive classroom rather than a lecture. I like to incorporate audio, visuals, and other forms of technology to keep the lesson interesting.
I am a 23-year-old student, currently living in San Antonio, Texas where I have gained over 2 years of experience working with children. I am obtaining my bachelor's degree in teaching and I recently completed the CELTA ESL certification through Cambridge University and UT.
Please give 24 hours notice for cancellation.
• 120 hours of initial teacher training
• 60 hours of teaching input
• 6 hours of individual teaching
• 6 hours of observation of experienced teachers
• Adult Education
• Excellent people skills
• Activity/ lesson planning
• Active listener
CELTA | 09/2020 to 10/2020
Cambridge English Teacher Training - Austin, TX
The Celta intensive training course included collaborative planning, peer observation and shared evaluation and feedback. Within this framework each participant completed 6 hours of individual online teaching which was observed and assessed by an experienced trainer. The course also included 60 hours of input and 6 hours of observation of experienced teachers. Attended 120 hours of a 120-hour initial teacher training.
NANNY | 12/2018 to 09/2020
Sittercity - San Antonio, TX
• Provided developmentally appropriate activities for children.
• Balanced playtime and limited screen time to optimize types of stimulation and support development of fine motor, gross motor and cognitive skills.
• Organized activities that enhanced children's physical, emotional and social well-being.
• Supervised children in public settings to help develop physical and social skills.
INTERNSHIP STUDENT | 09/2017 to 02/2018
Animal Care Hospital - Cedar Rapids, IA
• Assisted in medication administration, dispensed prescriptions and replenished inventory, carefully accounting for controlled substances.
• Reported back to instructor and management to receive day-to-day tasks and responsibilities.
• Observed both scheduled and emergent surgeries
• Managed pre op and post op animal care
SALES ASSOCIATE | 11/2016 to 03/2017
American Eagle Outfitters - Roseville, CA
• Used consultative sales approach to understand customer needs and recommend relevant offerings.
• Balanced and organized cash register by handling cash, counting change and storing coupons.
• Provided accurate information about promotions, customer programs and products, helping drive high customer retention.
Lincoln High School - Lincoln, CA | High School Diploma
Western Governors University - Salt Lake City, UT | No Degree
Ashworth College - Norcross, GA | Pursuing Bachelor's
(Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)
120 hours of initial teacher training, 6 hours of individual teaching, 60 hours of input, and 6 hours of observation of experienced teachers.
ESL lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$20||Not available||$20|