I follow a task-based and student-centred approach wherein each lesson is based on practical skills to apply and succeed in their individual areas of life. Tasks are real time tasks from the IELTS exam and conversation lessons are based on real life.
I am a teacher with 2.5 years of experience teaching youth and adults. After my IELTS preparation lessons, my students have achieved high band scores. The lessons are remote and can be tailored according to the level of the students.
EXCEL Teacher, Park West school, Halifax Sep 2019 – Present
EXCEL Teacher, Basin View school, Halifax Jan 2019 – Jul 2019
• Lead a group of up to 17 children and teach Art and Science activities while fostering safe, respectful and appropriate behavior.
• Take daily attendance and keep track of children.
• Plan various age-appropriate theme clubs and prepare materials accordingly.
• Attend bi-weekly meetings and discuss about children’s behavior, upcoming activities and help solve issues that arise.
Immigrant and Migrant Women Association of Halifax (IMWAH), Halifax
Art Instructor, Art and Storytelling program
Jan 2020- March 2020
• Plan and teach interactive Art lessons for a group of up to 10 immigrant and migrant women.
• Commended for introducing various contemporary Art forms in engaging Art Hive sessions.
• Provide a welcoming and safe atmosphere for the attendees.
Arts Teacher for Grades 5-9, New Middle East International School(girls), Riyadh, SA
Nov 2014–Jan 2015
• Taught a wide range of children age-wise with a class size of 30 and instilled in them a love of art.
• Facilitated monthly art workshops for 450+students using mixed media that catered to the interests of all ages.
• Meet and greet parents and discuss the student’s progress and suggested tips for improvement.
• Maintained art supplies and inventory without exceeding the school budget.
CELTA Certification, Saint Mary's University, Halifax, Nova Scotia June – July 2020
CLB Bootcamp Training, Online August 2020
Bachelor of Engineering (Computer Science)
Royal Institute of Technology and Science 2006 – 2010
EAL Tutor, Halifax Public Libraries October 2020 - Present
• Teach English to a group of speakers of other languages who are unable to attend classes.
• Design and implement lessons using various resources and by using multiple strategies like role-play, simulations, games and activities.
Chapter President, Spelling Bee of Canada (Nova Scotia chapter)
November 2019 - Present
• Co-ordinate with SPELLING BEE OF CANADA (SBOC) to organize the first ever regional Spelling Bee competition with a registration of 82 participants.
• Connect with various people across the community and mobilize volunteers and gather various sponsors like restaurants, dentists, grocery stores.
• Promote the event through social media, newspaper, school representatives and visiting community centers.
• Initiate meetings with Planning Committee and track progress of tasks given to them.
• Source officials for conducting the competition on the event day.
EAL Tutor, one-on-one, Immigrant Services Association of Nova Scotia (ISANS)
Nov 2017- March 2018
• Taught English to speakers of other languages who are unable to attend classes.
• Planned lessons using multiple strategies like role-play, simulations, games and activities.
• Attended monthly trainings at ISANS to learn effective teaching strategies.
• Submitted monthly report of progress made with the learner to program coordinator.
Volunteer for various events, Park West school March 2018 – Present
• Organize and work with a team of volunteers to introduce a new festival to the school children through means of handicrafts, literature, wall art and food.
• Initiate conversations in classroom about a new festival through story-time, crafts and answering questions.
Weekend School Supervisor and General volunteer, Nova Scotia Islamic Community Center (NSICC)
March 2016- Present
• Coordinate with the management to supervise 6 classes consisting of 80 students, communicate with the parents on a weekly basis and ensure overall smooth running of the school.
ESL lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$20|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$100|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$200|