My teaching methodology is mainly lecture with many opportunities for student engagement. Students learn best when they are able to be involved in the learning process. Students are involved in teaching/demonstrating to teacher and peers in small groups and literature circles to demonstrate knowledge of materials presented.
I have been teaching for over 15 years and tutoring for 4 years. I love to develop a passion for learning in my students. Reading and English were my Majors in college because they apply to all areas of education.
Teacher License: All Subjects Language Arts (BX) K-9 Reading Specialist (BR) K-12
MAT in Reading and Language Arts- Oakland University
Bachelor of Arts in Education- Madonna University
FOURTH GRADE TEACHER/SECOND GRADE TEACHER
ST. MICHAEL SCHOOL | July 2012-June 2019| Livonia, MI
• 4th grade Teacher all subjects except S.S.; 4 years.
• 2nd grade Teacher in self-contained classroom; 3 years.
• Enhanced student engagement for learning through maintaining collaborative learning classroom environment.
• Observed, planned, taught, and assessed practice to inform and modify instruction.
• Performed classroom benchmark assessments in Math and Reading.
• Developed, wrote and lead IEP Meetings with parents and other professionals.
• Coordinated Reading Month school-wide activities 3 years.
• Organized Talent Show Program 3 years.
THIRD GRADE TEACHER | ST. JOSEPH ELEMENTARY
February 2008-2012 | Lake Orion, MI
• 3rd grade Teacher; 4 years.
• Designed, planned and implemented math, reading, writing and social skills lessons for small groups of varying skill levels.
• Created individual behavior plans and appropriate rewards and consequences.
STUDENT TEACHER | ST. MICHAEL SCHOOL
August 2007-December 2007 | Livonia, MI
• Developed lessons and instruction for students in ELA.
• Established rapport with students, parents, and teachers.
5-8th TEACHER | Covenant Academy
August 2005-June 2006 | Redford, MI
• Developed lessons and instruction for students in 4th– 8th Grades in Language Arts.
• Wrote, directed, and sewed costumes for Christmas play.
• Conducted monthly prayer service for student body.
4-8th TEACHER | Bishop Borgess Academy
March 2005-August 2005 | Redford, MI
• Developed lessons and instruction for students in Grades 4-8th in Language Arts and Religion.
Religion TEACHER | Sts. Felicitas & Perpetua
2002-2004 | San Marino, CA
• Developed lessons and instruction for students in Grades K, 2, and 6.
• Religion Coordinator – planned religious activities for students and faculty,
• Organized continuing education and retreats for faculty.
• Gave presentations to faculty and student body.
• Directed a whole-school play during Lent.
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literature lessons for all!
Taking creative writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$20||$20|
|5 hours||Not available||$80||$100|
|10 hours||Not available||$175||$200|