My teaching approach changes based on the student and their needs. After the first few sessions, I am able to pinpoint my students' improvement areas. My most successful students are those who practice outside the tutoring session. 2-3 hours a week will not lead to significant improvement. I assign work to be completed outside of tutoring hours.
I am process engineer at chemical manufacturing site in Louisiana. My background is in chemistry and chemical engineering. I have been a tutor for 5 years now. I've tutored students in elementary school and students in college. In the past, my lessons have all been in person, but now I am transitioning to virtual lessons.
Production and Process Control Engineer Sept 2019 – Present
Acrylic Coatings and Resin, Arkema Inc. – Hahnville, Louisiana
• Executed production of new latex emulsion recipes to production size batches scale up trials based on R& D formulation and documented important production details to affected stakeholders
• Led a distributed control system (DCS) project upgrade migrating from Emerson Delta V Version 12 to Delta Version 14 and upgraded all associated virtual infrastructure to Windows Server 2019
• Optimized production recipes eliminate manufacturing inefficiencies, reduce cycle times, and improve end product quality through implementing control system modifications
• Report weekly operational asset utilization and identify improvements based on repeat and significant downtime. Identified opportunities are then scope and placed on placed on plant budget for prioritization and execution.
• Participated in annual facility siting study and process hazard analysis
• Maintained strict standards of quality reporting and assisted with QC and QA activities
• Led and document investigations for all quality, production, and process safety related incidents
Plant Process Engineer Dec 2016 - Present
Altuglas Group, Arkema Inc. – Bristol, Pennsylvania
• Identified reliability improvement needs for process and coordinated with maintenance department for the execution of those initiatives.
• Improved tracking metrics for scrap and performance indicators that led to more accurate reflection of production and productivity effectiveness
• Trained and updated field operators on new and modified procedures, changes to workflow processes and operation of new equipment.
• Analyzed current batch cycle times and provided specific improvement recommendations to address processing constraints and de-bottlenecking that would allow for future capacity increase during the asset replacement project.
• Conducted root cause analyses to identify causal factors for product quality issues and implemented corrective actions to reduce the likelihood for such occurrence.
• Led a distributed control system (DCS) project upgrade migrating from Emerson Delta V Version 10 to Delta Version 13.
• Ensured compliance with corporate standards and regulatory requirements for process safety, occupational health and environmental performance.
Plant Process Engineer – Developing Engineer Sept 2014 – Nov 2016
Acrylics Coatings and Resins, Arkema Inc. – Axis, Alabama
• Led and managed capital projects that aided in the reduction off grade material, increased process efficiency and energy reduction totaling over $200K.
• Managed a multidisciplinary team that re-designed the functionality of existing assets in order to accommodate the storage and material handling of new chemicals for anomalous acrylic manufacturing process at the site. This de-design of the raw material transfer system encompassed piping changes, control logic modifications, and minimal new equipment.
• Used HAZOP analysis to conduct safety analysis prior to project implementation to review operational procedures of new process design.
• Implemented of a plant wide safety critical systems management including identification, communication and training of over 360 field devices
• Conducted front end engineering work to understand financial and energy benefits of several energy reduction initiatives
• Tracked and maintained daily production and quality records and analysis of production effectiveness and productivity using metrics such as OAU and AU
• Created raw material management process for operators utilizing color coding system and designated storage areas to reduce cross contamination and operator error
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN CHEMICAL & BIOMOLECULAR ENGINEERING Aug 2014
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN CHEMISTRY May 2012
Spelman College, Atlanta, Georgia
• Process Hazard Analysis / LOPA
• DEKRA – Process Safety Engineering
• Behavior Based Safety
• Root Cause Analysis
• Delta V Implementation and Batch Programming
Six Sigma Greenbelt Certified; Knowledgeable in Emulsion Polymerization, Spray Dryers, and Batch Reactors; Proficient in SAP, PI Historian, Minitab, Basic Laboratory Techniques Fluent in Arabic, CPR certified, Em
ESL lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$15|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$75|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$150|