I like to do a lot of problem solving in my teaching. This makes it easier to ask students if they know what the next steps would be. That Socrates was a pretty smart guy. I use a lot of metaphors also.
I am a Physical Chemist. I have been teaching for about 13 years. I have a background in both Chemistry and Physics, which often involves the use of higher mathematics. I have tutored all of my children in math and chemistry, and they have done well.
Minnesota State Colleges
Chemistry and Physics Instructor
(Campuses: Minneapolis Community and Technical College, Normandale Community College, Inver Hills Community College)
• Physics for Science and Engineering 1 & 2, Lab
• College Physics 1, Lecture and Lab
• Introduction to Chemistry, Lab and Lecture, in person and completely online
• Principles of Chemistry 1 & 2, Lab and Lecture
• Forensic Chemistry/Science, in person lab and completely online lecture and lab
• Chemistry in Your Life, emphasis on energy, developed several new labs and activities, in person and online
• Organic Chemistry I, Lecture and Lab, lecture both in person and online
• MCTC Engineering Club-aided in advising
• Faculty discussion contributor for accreditation, budget,
curriculum and transferability.
• Broad education, science and art background enables me to interact with a variety of people of different backgrounds. Familiar with wide array of scientific equipment and techniques. Easygoing personality and good sense of humor facilitates interacting with other employees and students.
• Lead Middle School students in a lab experience as part of Inver Hills outreach program to its feeder schools.
• Performed the duties of the laboratory assistant, lab teardown and setup, over two summers and part of fall 2019, for several courses.
The Art Institutes International Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
• Quantitative Literacy (Conceptual Statistics)
• Introductory Math Class
Minnesota Public and Private High Schools
(The Blake School, Breck School, Richfield, St. Louis Park, and Mpls public schools)
• Math, Essentials through Precalculus
• Science, Chemistry and Physics Including Advanced Placement Courses
• Gamut of other subjects
Master of Science in Physical Chemistry, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
• Laboratory Research Experience in Spectroscopy, Fuel Cells and Polymers
• Physical Chemistry and Materials Science PhD Coursework
Completed PhD coursework for both fields
• Teaching and Research Assistant
Classes Taught: Principles of Chemistry Lab, Undergraduate Quantum Mechanics Recitation, Physical Chemistry Senior Lab, Unit-Ops Chemical Engineering Lab
Grader and Tutor: Graduate Level Spectroscopy
Bachelor of Arts in Chemistry, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT
• Physics Minor, completed coursework for junior status in Chem Eng.
• Laboratory Research Experience in Organic Synthesis, Reaction Kinetics using lasers and gas chromatography
• Matlab, Self-Taught, Fortran and Basic
• Numerical Analysis
• D2L, Grade Book Software
• Autodesk Inventor, Self-Taught-rudimentary
• Microsoft Excel including solver and Word
• National Science Foundation Fellowship
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$25||$25|