My teaching method is to be patient with my students and move one step at a time until they can understand the material. I also want to challenge my students to think outside the box so they can apply what I teach as they further their academic careers.
I am a senior chemistry major at Loyola University Chicago with a mathematics minor. I have a job tutoring at an after school program in the neighborhood and am a science olympiad coach. As a science olympiad coach my students won first place in Illinois for their event.
Education Loyola University Chicago
Bachelor of Science, Chemistry Major Expected Graduation May 2021
Mathematics Minor, GPA of 3.87
Honors and Awards:
Dr. Carl E. Moore Scholarship Recipient for Chemistry
Dean’s List Recognition: all semesters
Experience Loyola University Chicago
Department of Chemistry
Chicago, IL May 2018 – Present
Undergraduate Research Assistant
• Worked in Dr. Paul Chiarelli’s analytical chemistry laboratory.
• Learned how to perform liquid-liquid extractions and irradiate samples using a photoreactor.
• Used several types of laboratory equipment including separatory funnels, centrifuges, and sonicators.
Sacred Heart Schools
Chicago, IL September 2017 – Present
Before and After School Program Monitor
• Coached the middle school Science Olympiad Team.
• Aided students on homework assignments.
• Helped organize after school events such as basketball games and parent events.
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine
Department of Pharmacology
Maywood, IL May 2019– August 2019
Discover Pharmacology Research Fellowship
• Researched mechanisms of anxiety after a Myocardial Infarction in Dr. Karie Scrogin’s laboratory.
• Learned how to cut brain tissue of Sprague-Dawley rats using a cryostat.
• Performed Fluorescent In Situ Hybridization assays to label tissue.
• Imaged samples with fluorescent microscopy using the cellSens Olympus program.
• Pipetted and Aliquoted biological fluids.
• Performed literature reviews.
• Presented research to the department of pharmacology.
Andover, MA June 2018 – August 2018
• Worked as a tennis specialist.
• Supervised and facilitated tennis activities for boys and girls aged four to fourteen.
Camp Fatima and Bernadette
Gilmanton Iron Works, NH June 2016 – August 2017
• Managed a cabin of fourteen adolescent girls ages 6-15.
• Planned evening activities such as different games, trivia, and scavenger hunts.
NEP and NSL Soccer Leagues, MA January 2013 - June 2018
Danvers Indoor Sports, Danvers, MA November 2015 – January 2019
• Preserved the rules of US Soccer Federation and FIFA.
• Maintained orderly conduct by players, parents, and coaches.
• Independently managed different conflicts in games.
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$13|