As a peer to the students I teach, I center my lessons around problem-solving and the process of developing an intuition for problem-solving techniques. A typical lesson can consist of a review of homework problems and then the introduction of intuitive problem-solving strategies that do not rely on rote memorization and instead rely on deep understanding. I encourage active recall and spaced repetition to solidify important theoretical concepts. I am targeting high school students taking general chemistry classes or AP chemistry and encourage students who are interested in going beyond the conventional high school curriculum. I am also targeting college students needing help in organic chemistry, which is my strong suit.
I am a freshman at Northeastern University and I am experienced in tutoring high school chemistry, such as AP Chemistry, while also personally experienced in going beyond the normal curriculum and pursuing excellence in chemistry competitions, such as the United States National Chemistry Olympiad, of which I placed in the top 20 in the US. I have been tutoring for 2 years as a part of the National Honor Society. Additionally, I have practical experience in the lab, with 4 years of experience doing biological research. On the chemical side, I have completed a one-year internship doing R&D at Reckitt Benckiser.
Rate for student looking for tutoring for the USNCO competition is $20/hr.
Cancellation must be communicated at least 1 day prior to the lesson or there is a $5 fee.
BERGEN COUNTY ACADEMIES Hackensack, NJ
High School Diploma, Graduation, Jun 2020
• Relevant Coursework: Organic Chemistry I and II, AP Chemistry, Research in Molecular Biology and Genetics, Immunology, Medical Microbiology, Developmental Biology, Introduction to Microscopy, Chemical Engineering, Calculus BC+, Advanced Math Topics in Linear Algebra, Multivariable Calculus and Differential Equations
• GPA: 3.969
RELEVANT HONORS AND EXPERIENCE
AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY USNCO STUDY CAMP Virtual
Student June 2020
• Selected as one of the top 20 (out of >16,000) in the United States National Chemistry Olympiad.
• Attended in depth lectures on advanced topics in organic chemistry, physical chemistry, analytical chemistry, coordination chemistry, and solid state chemistry.
• Rigorously tested on both knowledge and critical thinking skills for a spot on the US team to the International Chemistry Olympiad.
BERGEN COUNTY ACADEMIES Hackensack, NJ
Research Associate September 2016 – June 2020
• Independently developed and executed an original project to eliminate senescent cells selectively through the regulation of p21.
• Experienced in laboratory procedures, such as cell culture and PCR, and performs research in between classes.
• Presented a poster at school’s ISEF-affiliated science fair.
RECKITT BENCKISER Montvale, NJ
Research and Development Intern September 2019 - May 2020
• Managed a project measuring the lifespan of the bacteria and enzymes in the popular septic tank treatment product, Rid-X.
• Presented findings to the workplace and learned the process of research in an industrial and consumer-driven environment.
COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY SCIENCE HONORS PROGRAM New York City, NY
Student September 2017 – May 2020
• Attended weekly lectures by Columbia University Ph.D. candidates on topics such as biochemistry and virology.
• Learned lab techniques used in organic chemistry such as rotary evaporation, distillations, reflux, and phase separation.
• Presented on current senolytic research and its implications in the field of aging research.
LIBERTY SCIENCE CENTER Jersey City, NJ
Museum Docent Volunteer July 2017 – September 2017
• Responsible for explaining the scientific concepts behind exhibits to guests of all ages.
• Assisted in large educational programs, such as a solar eclipse viewing day.
• Managed large crowds and handled customer affairs.
• BCA Math Team: Part of 1st place team of the World Mathematics Team Championship in Bulgaria and Seoul, also won a silver and bronze medal individually.
• National Honors Society: Volunteered to tutor younger students and participated in community service.
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest chemistry lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, organic chemistry lessons for all!
Taking thermodynamics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$18|