My lessons are usually grounded in relating content to other content, or building content up from basic content. Lessons up to and including the high school level, preferred, but I have also tutored college level math, chemistry and physics.
Have been a classroom teacher for 10 years, and an individual and small group tutor for 15. Excel at comparisons and helping understanding of complex ideas in chemistry, math and physics. Increased grades has, or course, been the goal, but individualized understanding is the better metric; with better understanding, grades will follow.
Chemistry/Algebra Tutor 2015 to Present
Huntington Learning Center – Longwood, FL
• Responsible for organizing subject specific one-on-one tutoring of subject matter.
• Plan and implement lesson plans on chemistry and algebra while motivating students to maximize academic performance.
• Combine discipline and effective classroom management to increase concentration, participation, and conducive learning environment.
Lead Instructor 2004 to 2012
Lake Brantley High School – Altamonte Springs, FL
• Designed and Implemented updated Honors Chemistry Curriculum to include small-scale laboratory techniques to meet the academic development of the students.
• Demonstrated strong management skills to maintain and direct classrooms of 8-40.
• Improved learning process by integrating technology-driven instructional methods (e.g. Skyward, LMS, wiki, PowerPoint, Blackboard).
• Successfully expanded ill-funded, low-attended Chess Club to well-funded, active club with high membership that directs 2 school-wide events annually.
Upward Bound Instructor 2005 to 2008
Rollins College – Winter Park, FL
• Devised fun and engaging techniques to motivate students and help to gain an interest in science courses through integration with popular culture.
• Reinforced important concepts while addressing a variety of learning styles and modalities.
Sanford Middle School – Sanford, FL
• Lead Instructor 2002 to 2004
Master of Science in Education
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA – 2002
Bachelor of Science in Biology
Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, CA – 1999
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|