About the lesson
I primarily use learn-by-doing , but also depends with whom I am working:
- Students: kinesthetic, visual, application, case method, homework, etc.;
- Businesses: application, exercises, projects, homework
- Entrepreneurs: application, exercises, projects, homework
- Early stage start-ups: application, exercises, projects, homework
- Principles of marketing
- Market segmentation
- Market &/or Marketing strategy
- Creativity & Innovation
- New venture analysis
- Capturing customers
- Lifetime customer value
- Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
- Business models (How making $)
- Value Proposition strategy
- Business Canvas Model
- Lean start-up method
- Customer service strategy
- Building customer relationships
- Entrepreneur mindset
- Personal coaching
- Life coaching
- Public speaking
I have a PhD in marketing with over 40 years teaching at the university level (undergraduate, MBA, doctoral), have private and public consulting experience, and am an entrepreneurial.
In the private sector I have worked with start-ups to Fortune 100, while in the pubic sector it has primarily been at the federal level (e.g., NASA, DoD branches, DoE, USCG, DoA, FEMA).
I have been a founder, cofounder or early stage start-up entrepreneur in several start-ups. Everything from building PCs in a garage in the 1980's to helping develop an email security protocol stronger than SSL.
I use the practical experience from my consulting and entrepreneur ventures to inform my teaching, coaching and mentoring. Oh, I also have coached students who have been finalists in, as well as won, pitch competitions.