Each student is unique and learns differently. I always start by making sure that the fundamentals are highly understood and build up from there. I try to understand each student's unique way of learning and adapt it in my style. I combine visual, audible and hands-on methods of teaching. I like using real life experiences and songs as examples to make the class more interesting. I always try to help my students understand how to apply what they learned in their own personal work.
I am a Composer for Film and Video Games and Classical pianist from Athens, Greece. I have a diploma in Piano and Music Theory from Trinity College of Music. I graduated Summa Cum Laude from Berklee College of music in Boston, with a dual degree in Film Scoring and Contemporary Writing & Production, and a minor in Video Game Scoring. During my time at Berklee, I was a core music tutor and taught classes such as music theory (jazz and classical), tonal harmony, counterpoint, conducting, and piano. I am a CRLA Level 2 certified core music tutor. I have also had several piano students (from 8 to 25 years old). I have experience teaching all my classes in person and online.
I would require the student to cover my travel expenses (uber/lyft)
- University of Southern California (exp. 2021), Master’s degree in Screen Scoring, 1 of 20 students selected worldwide
- Berklee College of Music – Boston, MA September 2016—May 2020, Bachelor of Music in Film Scoring & Contemporary Writing and Production, Minor in Video Game Scoring
• Cum. GPA: 3.95, Summa Cum Laude
- Trinity College London – Athens, Greece, Theory of Music Diploma Grade 7, (distinction), Piano Diploma Grade 8, (distinction)
George Delerue Memorial Scholarship Award (Highest Film Scoring Scholarship, $10k)
Berklee 2020 Commencement Processional Composition Competition Winner
Berklee Division Achievement Award for Best Website Design (Highest Department Scholarship) CRLA Certified Core Music Tutor Level 2
Berklee Fellowship Award
Berklee Achievement Scholarship
CORE MUSIC TUTOR, Berklee College of Music — Boston, MA
-Teach core music classes such as music theory, tonal harmony, jazz harmony, counterpoint, piano and conducting
FREELANCE PIANO INSTRUCTOR
-Teach classical & pop piano
ACADEMY OF MOTION PICTURE ARTS AND SCIENCES
• Nicholl Fellowships and Students Academy Awards Intern: Script Reading training, Look Book creation
• Academy GOLD intern: selected as 1 of 74 interns over 7,000 applicants, pitched Mental Health Film Initiative to a panel of industry executives towards receiving a (mock) 25k grand
• Obtained firsthand knowledge about above and below the line entertainment industry careers including directing, producing, cinematography, production design, post production, film editing & financing and distribution
- Composer of seven short films and two video games
- Composer of Amadea Music, Velvet Green Music, Songfinch
• COMPOSITION: Film Scoring, Composition, Songwriting, Arranging, Transcribing, Producing, Mixing, Conducting, Music editing, Score preparation, Score/booth reader
• INSTRUMENTS: Piano (proficient), Guitar (intermediate), Voice (semi-proficient), Drums (intermediate)
• MUSIC SOFTWARE: Logic, ProTools, Digital Performer, Reason, Finale, Sibelius
• COMPUTER APPLICATIONS: Microsoft Office Software, Google Suite, FileMaker pro
• GAME DEVELOPMENT / VIDEO EDITING: Twine, Unity, Wwise, iMovie, FinalCutPro
• LANGUAGES: Greek (native), English (fluent), French (reading comprehension)
singing lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest music reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, piano lessons for all!
Taking music theory lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|