I try to base my classes on an extensive course in literature, as well as diagramming, vocabulary, spelling, definitions, articulation, elocution, and enunciation. We will engage in many kinds of English exposure exercises, such as speech writing, story telling, construction, uses of "fifty dollar words", as well as daily "bees", that don't always include spelling. But, they do include a multiplicity of concepts that are fired off like in the game Jeopardy. I believe you will enjoy the class, and if you're not careful, you'll learn a lot!
I am a retired Clinical Laboratory Scientist, with 46 years in practice, on the west coast, USA. I have taught over 1,000 students in the 14 years that I instructed classes, whilst I was simultaneously employed at a local hospital in the Reno, NV area. I have five grown children, ages 35, 45, 55, 55, and 58. I also have nine grandchildren, and 4 great-grandchildren. I have a cat, and a dog, whom I love, dearly.
General Manager - Quest Diagnostics - Reno, NV Dec 2011 to Jan 2016
• Responsible for hiring, training and managing a team of 14 General Laboratory Technologists
• Penned standard of procedures and designed workflow for all laboratory disciplines; Hematology, Chemistry, Coagulation, Toxicology, Immunology, Urinalysis, Serology, Genetic Testing, Virology, Immunology
• Introduced new various instrumentation and developed procedural modules for training
• Accountable for maintaining budget of $4.8M
Chief Technologist - Quest Diagnostics - Reno, NV Oct 2010 to Dec 2011
• Performed Diagnostic STATs only functions: Hematology, Chemistry, Coagulation, Toxicology, Immunology, Urinalysis, Serology, Virology, Immunology
• Assisted in the implementation and logistics of launching a new laboratory in an unchartered territory
• Using standard procedures, performed laboratory diagnostics: tissue, plasma, serum, whole blood, sputum, amniotic fluid, synovial fluid, thoracentesis
General Supervisor – Northern Nevada Medical Center - Reno, NV May 2007 to Jun 2009
• Tested and reported in divisions: Hematology, Chemistry, Coagulation, Toxicology, Immunology, Urinalysis, Serology, Blood Bank, Microbiology, Blood Gas, Genetic Testing, Virology, Immunology
• Designated as the on call Clinical Laboratory Scientist for legal diagnostics
• Officer of Continuing Education for Phlebotomists and Clinical Laboratory Technologists
General Supervisor – St. Mary’s Reg. Medical Center - Reno, NV Aug 2002 to Jan 2008
• Bench-Tech Responsibilities: Hematology, Chemistry, Coagulation, Toxicology, Immunology, Urinalysis, Serology, Blood Gas, Genetic Testing, Virology, Immunology
• Obligated for additional Phlebotomist duties including obtaining blood samples from problematic specimens
Science Chair Person/Instructor – Legacy Christian School - Sparks, NV Oct 1997 to Nov 2005
• Created complete science curricula for entire school student body of over 300, grades K-12
• Instructor of science disciplines: Anatomy, Chemistry, Biology, Algebra, Life Science I & II, Physical Science, for grades 7-12, English-10/Literature, German 1&2, French 1&2.
• Was responsible for preparing high school students for SAT’s and ACT’s
University of Phoenix - Reno, NV
Master's in Health Care Administration
December 2006 to May 2008
University of Phoenix - Reno, NV
Bachelor's in Criminal Justice
September 2005 to December 2006
Great Basin College - Winnemucca, NV
Victor Valley College – Victorville, CA
1971 to 1974
Licenses and Certifications
State of Nevada DHHS
1973 to 2020
General Supervisor of Laboratory Science License #1339TGS
Department of HEW- Washington, DC-
October 1976 to Present
Health Education and Welfare - License #3940076
National Certification Agency for Medical Laboratory Personnel, Inc.
December 1980 to December 2020
License #093098 certification agency aligned with the federal government, continuously provides support, training, testing, to certify persons as Clinical Laboratory Scientists, in the absence of continuous monitoring by a state agency.
ASCLS- American Society of Clinical Laboratory Scientists
July 2020 to July 2021
Membership License #87338
ASCLS- American Society of Clinical Laboratory Scientists, State of Nevada
Elected Offices held – Vice President and President
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literature lessons for all!
Taking creative writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$13|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$65|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$130|