I approach teaching with a passion for helping students understand the content. I love to share my joy of learning with students. Any subject can be enjoyed if you have the right teacher. As a tutor, I start by assessing the student's needs to understand how to create lessons to benefit him/her.
I have been teaching English for 23 years. Teaching students in colleges, universities and career colleges I make learning enjoyable. I focus on student success. Writing, reading, grammar, punctuation, literature, business writing, and resume writing are all areas I have instructed students in.
10.00 cancellation fee
12348 Wood Blossom Court
Jacksonville, Florida 32246
(concealed information) (Cell)
Positive, professional, organized, personable, and enthusiastic college English instructor with 23 years teaching and tutoring experience seeking a position in a school, college, university or educational company to work with students, staff, and superiors in helping students attain academic goals.
PA State Teacher Certification in Secondary English, Seton Hill College, Greensburg, PA December 1993
Master of Arts in English Literature, California University of PA, California, PA August 1990
Bachelor of Arts in English, Seton Hill University May 1986
Summary of Qualifications and Experience
• Instructed students in Fundamentals of Communication using a variety of instructional tools
• Facilitated cooperative learning during scheduled class meetings to engage students
• Encouraged critical thinking through various activities appealing to the different learning styles
• Incorporated computer programs to improve student reading skills and writing skills in addition to assisting students to use word processing programs to compose their essays
• Instructed culturally diverse students in English, Interpersonal Communication, Communication and Critical Thinking by creating stimulating lessons, activities, and assignments including daily in-class writing activities
• Taught Composition I & II, Business &Technical Communication, and Contemporary Literature creating and presenting lessons in analyzing and responding to literature and writing in business and technical fields using PowerPoint, online sources, journals, texts, and videos
• Motivated students to work independently and cooperatively to identify and analyze the rhetorical features of written texts; built students’ self-confidence through one on one feedback and collaborative exercises
• Taught research techniques, writing process, APA and MLA format, and public speaking skills
• Created dynamic lessons that incorporated contemporary short stories, poetry, and film to teach the writing process, correct grammar usage, concise language, and appropriate style
• Instructed and tutored international students in writing, speaking, reading, and grammar
Full-time General Education Instructor, Virginia College, Jacksonville, FL Oct. 2015-Dec. 2018
Adjunct English Instructor, Florida State College, Jacksonville, FL July 2011- Feb. 2016
Adjunct English Instructor, Kaplan College, Jacksonville, FL July 2010 – June 2015
Adjunct English Instructor, Community College of Allegheny County, Monroeville, PA Aug. 2009 – Dec. 2009
Adjunct English Instructor, University of Phoenix, Southfield, MI Aug. 2007 – Oct. 2008
Adjunct English Instructor, International Academy of Design and Technology, Troy, MI Jan. 2005 – Sept. 2008
Adjunct English Instructor, Wayne County Community College District, Detroit, MI Aug. 2002 – Sept. 2008 Adjunct ESL Instructor, Henry Ford Community College, Dearborn, MI May 2002 - Aug. 2005
reading lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest creative writing lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literacy lessons for all!
Taking poetry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$25||$20|