My technique with students of any age (middle-university levels) centers on collaboration rather than lecturing. I approach each student individually and believe that trust and respect are necessary for the student to grow and feel empowered as a writer.
I have been tutoring for the past five years, working with dozens of students to outline, write, and revise their academic essays and college application materials. My students receive top grades in their classes and several have won writing awards.
Middlebury College Middlebury, Vermont
Bachelor of Arts, Gender Sexuality and Feminist Studies, May 2018
GPA: 3.9/4.0 Summa Cum Laude
Honors: The Ward Writing Prize (2015), Feminist of the Year (2017), Gensler Prize nominee for best senior thesis concerning gender, sexuality and feminist studies (2018), two-time Alison Fraker Prize nominee for best essay concerning gender, sexuality and feminist studies (2017 and 2018), Phi Beta Kappa (2018)
YES! Media, August 2018 – present
Education Outreach Intern
● Organizes tri-annual international student writing competitions for middle school through university level students on social justice issues with thousands of participants.
● Selects winners for the award categories and works one-on-one with winners to revise and edit their work for publication.
● Creates free curriculum for teachers to bring conversations of relevant social justice issues into their classrooms, including material on current events that relate to race, class, ability, sexuality, gender, immigration and more.
Middlebury College, Middlebury, Vermont: September 2014 – May 2018
● Mentored students one-on-one in introductory writing classes as well as tutored students of all academic years at weekly drop-in shifts at the Middlebury College Center for Teaching and Learning, helping students edit and revise papers, devise study plans and develop time-management skills to improve their writing.
● Created and administered workshops on identity and power dynamics within tutor-tutee relationships to engage tutors-in-training in conversations about how systems of power and oppression affect tutoring sessions.
Independent, August 2018 – present
● Works remotely with high school seniors to craft, revise, and edit college application supplements and personal statements to ensure the student presents strong, well-written, and unique testimonies to their skills and achievements.
Beyond the Green, Middlebury College: September 2016—May 2018
● Submitted Articles and Zines to an independent, student-run, activist online magazine focusing on social justice issues such as prison abolition and reproductive rights, and institutional racism and sexual assault on Middlebury College’s campus.
Sweatervest Literary Magazine, Middlebury College: September 2014-January 2016
Publication Leader and Editor
● Collected and organized literary pieces as well as artwork created by Middlebury College students for publication in biannual Zines.
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literature lessons for all!
Taking essay writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$20||$20|