The first thing I like to do when working with a new student is to discuss what they want to get out of our sessions. I’ve found that it’s really helpful to have expectations set up beforehand in order to make the most of our time together. I then like to discuss their preferred learning style and adjust my tutoring to that. My tutoring style varies with each student based on their prior skillset, learning style, and age. After each session, I review the concepts that we worked on with the student and address any additional questions. I’m also a firm believer in a holistic approach to language learning where cultural knowledge is incorporated into the learning process!
I have a degree in Spanish from Denison University, and I have experience working with a variety of students from beginner to advanced as a tutor at my university. I also have experience working with students of all ages from children to adults with varying language levels. I have worked as a photography instructor in Peru for four months, studied at a Chilean university for five months, and conducted research in Chile and Argentina for two months During these experiences, I exclusively communicated with my colleagues and students in Spanish. My experiences in these countries allowed me to gain a certain level of cultural and practical knowledge in addition to the more academic knowledge and experience I gained from studying Spanish in university, and I love incorporating this knowledge in my language lessons.
For one student, I charge $10 for half an hour, $15 for 45 minutes, and $20 for an hour. For each additional student, I charge 50% of the original rate. For example, two students for an hour would be $30.
Denison University -- May 2020
B.A. in Spanish and International Studies
Pontifical Catholic University of Chile -- Feb 2019-June 2019
Took four classes in Spanish on human rights and Latin American history
Spanish Tutor -- May 2017 - May 2020
Denison University Academic Resource Center
• Selected based on Spanish fluency to assist undergraduate students with their Spanish class material in individual sessions by discussing grammatical concepts, practicing speaking skills, and reviewing worksheets and other assignments
• Worked with students to create study plans for their Spanish classes
• Prepared lesson plans for tutoring sessions according to students’ needs and goals
Summer Scholar -- May 2019 - August 2019
• Independently coordinated and conducted research interviews with ten activists in Spanish
• Analyzed original interview data and existing literature in Spanish and English to form conclusions about the intersections between activism, religion, health, and policy change
• Synthesized findings in a sixty-page paper and presented it to other students, activists, and academics
Photography and Creativity Coordinator -- May 2017-August 2017
• Prepared and delivered presentations in Spanish to underserved teenage students on art and design theory and successful photography techniques in order to produce quality photographs for fair trade greeting cards
• Fostered the teenagers’ personal development by assisting in presentations and discussions designed to develop their self-esteem, future plans, and English language skills
spanish lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - spanish lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$20||$20|