I have a Master's degree in English from U-Michigan and have taught students that have been juniors in high school to adults in their fifties, and I have had students from all over the world. My passion for student success is quickly noticeable and you will enjoy the process of becoming more skilled at critical thinking and reasoning, as well as, becoming a skilled writer.
With teaching for over 7 years, I have taught over 1,000 students. Several of them won essay contests, many students told me they produced a quality essay for another class due to the essay structure they learned from my course. You too will learn quality, efficient, essay techniques.
University of Michigan, Flint, MI Master of Arts in English Language and Literature (2009)
English Adjunct Professor
Schoolcraft Community College, Livonia, MI (January 2010 – Current)
University of Detroit Mercy, Detroit, MI (September 2010 – December 2016)
Madonna University, Livonia, MI (Faculty and Tutor) (September 2011 – May 2014)
Adrian College, Adrian, MI (January 2011 – May 2011)
Baker College, Allen Park & Flint, MI (Faculty and Tutor) (March 2010 – May 2011)
o Courses: Composition I & II, Technical Writing, Communication Skills & Basic English
• Design courses, prepare syllabi, select textbooks and all supplemental materials
• Build online courses and use Blackboard
• Assist students in finding their voice and provide strategies for idea development
• Promote student success, to develop well-constructed sentences, paragraphs, essays, reports and presentations
• Utilize active learning & metacognition concepts
• Instruct students how to evaluate sources, integrate research and use MLA & APA
• Assist students in developing research, writing and oral communication strategies
• Provide personalized outreach to at-risk, ESL and honor students
• Utilize Blackboard in every course
Participate in team grading - student applications and common core exams
Remain current on adult learning methodologies
Successfully taught over 70 courses, including online and hybrid
Rater/Scorer - ETS (February 2015 – December 2016)
• Certified Team Leader and Rater for standardized tests
• Efficiency, accuracy and working numerous hours online at home is required
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, essay writing lessons for all!
Taking Resume / Cover letter writing prep has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$40||$25|