I don't lecture. I share stories. These stories are about HOW and WHY a mathematics statement or a formula are the way they are. I don't teach methods. I let my students to discover the methods with me. I believe for math learning, only two things are critical. First is "understand"; second is "repeat".
I am currently a part-time adjunct mathematics professor teaching at a college located at the heart of Manhattan, NYC. I had ten+ years working with high school/undergrad/graduate students in the past 20 years. My students loved me for being effective, fun and smart.
Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering (Jun. 2009) University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Core Topic: Structural Mechanics and Materials GPA 3.9 / 4.0
M.S. in Mechanical Engineering (Dec. 2004) University of Virginia
Core Topic: Solid Mechanics GPA 3.7 / 4.0
* Adjunct Instructor at ASA College Jun. 2018 – Present
Develop and teach college-level mathematical courses to a culturally and ethnically diverse student body
* Post-doctoral Fellow at Stevens Institute of Technology May 2010 – Dec. 2011
Developed next generation thermoelectric (TE) nanofiber composites using MEMS fabrication methods
* Engineer at Undercarriage Research and Development at Caterpillar Inc. Jul. 2009 – Feb. 2010
- Being the chief coordinating engineer to set up a brand-new metrology laboratory at the Research and Development Center of Caterpillar China Limited
- Simultaneously managed multiple projects as project lead with strong skills in defining, optimization, researching and coordination (was project lead for a total of five projects)
* Doctoral Candidate at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Jan. 2005 – Jun. 2009
Designed and built a mechanical testing system to investigate local and global mechanical behavior of nanoparticle-reinforced polymer nano-composites by in situ multi-scale experiments
* Master Graduate Research Assistant at University of Virginia Sep. 2002 – Dec. 2004
Related bulk mechanical properties to micro-structures from an experimental methodology perspective in graphite micro-platelets reinforced polymer composites
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|