I approach each topic by going over what the student has been working on in class and finding what they are specifically having issues with. I like to present a personalized learning technique to help the student be comfortable talking with me and learning from my instruction. I am a friendly person and can be accommodating and flexible to the needs of the student.
I recently graduate from Grand Valley State University with a bachelors in Communication Sciences and Disorders. I am now currently going to college at Grand Valley State University for a masters in Speech Language Pathology. Though I don't have a lot of experience with tutoring, I have taken many English related classes due the field I am interested in and have always excelled at English classes in school. I have also done many volunteering experiences throughout my high school and college career specifically working with children and adults with special needs and foreign exchange students.
GRAND VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY - EXPECTED GRADUATION: WINTER 2021
Major: Bachelor of Communication Sciences and Disorders
Currently obtaining the Certificate in Medical and Health Humanities
Teaching Related Experiences
GVSU TEACH-IN : FALL 2020
· Collaborated and sourced materials for diversity and cultural awareness in the healthcare field
· Presented the “Reaching for Health Equity and Inclusion” presentation with NSSLHA E-board
· Utilized Zoom platform and assisted facilitation of breakout session activities
· Secretary of the National Student Speech Language and Hearing Association Chapter at GVSU
· Mentor in a mentor-mentee program through NSSLHA chapter
CLASSES TAKEN THROUGH HIGH SCHOOL AND COLLEGE : FALL 2013 – PRESENT
· High School: AP Language and Composition, Creative Writing, American Literature, English Language and Composition, Technical Writing
· College: English Composition, Public Speaking, Phonetics, Communication Development
BUDDY-UP FOR LIFE | BUDDY AND CONNECTIONS FACILITATOR | FALL 2018 – PRESENT
· Worked one-on-one with a person who has Down syndrome through exercise, tennis activities, and crafts
· Improved communication skills through augmentative communication practice
· Communicated regularly with buddies and athletes in the Grand Rapids, MI program to provide support and coordinated with the national staff to help aid in the development of the program
GVSU ELS PROGRAM | WINTER 2020
· Conversed in group sessions to help assimilate foreign exchange students to the English language and American culture while also learning about their diverse backgrounds
GVSU SENIOR CITIZENS CLUB | FALL 2019 – WINTER 2020
· Participated in activities with residents in nursing homes to help facilitate socialization
Healthcare Related Experiences
COVID-19 SPECIMEN PROCESSOR | GVSU AND TRIDENT LABS | 09/01/20 - PRESENT
· Instructed people on how to perform the COVID-19 test on themselves at GVSU
· Supported lab technicians through ascension, aliquoting, pooling, and other tasks at Trident Labs
PHARMACY ASSISTANT | HOMETOWN PHARMACY | 11/20/17 – 07/31/20
· Assisted pharmacists and pharmacy technicians by packaging medications, billing, delivering, and inventory
· Gained knowledge in HIPPA regulations and pharmaceutical terminology
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest essay writing lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literacy lessons for all!
Taking english literature lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$17||$17|