My teaching method is strongly interactive and visual. I ask a lot of repetitive question to help solidify commonly difficult topics. I am flexible, so if something is not working for you, I can modify my approach to your personal needs.
I have been a teaching assistant in for four semesters in my undergrad in foundational biology courses and advance genetics. My undergraduate degree was in biology and neuroscience and I am currently getting my masters degree in conservation medicine.
Prices can be negotiated if needed. Just let me know
Master of Science, Conservation Medicine August 2021 Tufts Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine, Grafton MA
Bachelor of Arts, Biology and Neuroscience May 2020
New College of Florida, The Honors College of Florida, Sarasota FL
Associates of Arts May 2017
Pasco-Hernando State College, Brooksville FL
Bessa LB, Ely NM, Calle EK, Lafond BJ, Counsman RP, Loges LN, Doan TM. THE EFFECT OF PLASMODIUM FLORIDENSE ON RELATIVE LEUKOCYTE COUNTS OF ANOLIS SAGREI AND A. CAROLINENSIS IN FLORIDA, USA. Journal of North American Herpetology. 2020 Jul 21:42–48.
POSTERS AND CONFERENCES
• Lafond B, Calle E, Ely N, Bessa L, Doan T, Counsman R, Loges L, The Effect of Plasmodium floridense on Relative Leukocyte Count in Anolis sagrei and Anolis carolinensis. Poster presented at Florida Museum Herpetology Conference: 2017 Mar 23-24: Gainesville, Florida
• Domenech S, LaFond B, Long M, Rodriguez L, Gilchrist S. Implementing High Impact Practices in a Study Abroad Program at Cayos Cochinos, Honduras. Poster presented at the Society for Integrative and Comparative Biology: 2019 Jan 3-7: Tampa, Florida
Classical Genetics Techniques Laboratory TA Spring 2020
• Assisted in prepping lab materials for students enrolled in the course
• Answered any questions that arose during and after the lab period
Introduction to Genetics Lecture TA Fall 2019
• Lead weekly sessions to assist and engage students in the course content
Foundations of Biology Lab TA Fall 2019, Spring 2020
• Lead bi-weekly sessions to assist and engage students in the course content
• Assisted in laboratory set-up before each weekly lab
• Graded lab notebooks throughout the term
Foundations of Biology 1 Lecture Peer Tutor Fall 2019
• Orchestrated one-on-one meetings with several students during the second part of term to improve understanding of key concepts in evolutionary biology
LAB AND TECHNICAL SKILLS
• Animal field capture / Camera Trapping
• Interpret fMRI data across multiple organisms
• Organic Chemistry Lab techniques
• Microsoft Office
• Geospatial Techniques in ArcMap and AGOL
biology lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest genetics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, zoology lessons for all!
Taking physiology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$15||$15|