I base my approach individually on the needs and goals of the students and professionals that come to me. I have never found a "one size fits all" method and believe in tailoring lessons and training to each person on a need by need basis.
I love boosting people's confidence and helping them feel prepared to find the jobs of their dreams! I have my own communications and marketing company. I have been coaching, writing, reviewing and advising professionals, and students, with application materials including resumes, cover letters and bios. I have conducted thousands of interviews with nonprofit leaders in the last 15+ years, coaching them for 2nd and 3rd round presentations. I have coached and trained high school and college students with personal presentation skills, interview preparation and how to write resumes and cover letters that get noticed. I am a triple major in English, Marketing and Sociology and utilize all three of these in my daily work.
I am willing to negotiate my rates based on the age and the students needs. Cancellation must be at least 24 hours before the lesson.
Dragonfly Central, Inc.
Owner – Nonprofit Consultant, Professional Life Coach & Executive Trainer--- October 2004 to present
Clients Include – Nonprofit executives and senior leadership, professionals in transition, high school and college students
• Raffa – Marcum’s Nonprofit & Social Sector Group 1/2014 to present
• TransitionGuides (merged with Raffa) 8/2006 to1/2014
• Science of Information Institute 1/2006 to 12/2008
• Sharp & Company 4/2006 to 11/2007
• Shen Milsom & Wilke, LLC 10/2004 to 11/2005
• World Aircraft Sales LTD 9/2003 to 5/2005
• National Aircraft Resale Association 1995 to 2000 & 9/2003 to 5/2005
• Working at the epicenter of people and organizations making major decisions about their futures and their senior leadership transitions
• Managing over 300 nonprofit transitions for C-suite executives and boards of directors
• Sitting in a front row seat for well-over 20,000 executives in transition
• Coaching on resumes, cover letters, communications pieces and career transitions
• Building nonprofit networks with over 10,000 executives in fields such as developmental disabilities, homelessness, housing, FQHC’s/healthcare-focused, foodbanks/food security, educational leadership, as well as national and international social justice and civil liberty organizations
• Setting up and launching 501(c)3, 501(c)4 and 501(c)6 organizations
• Facilitating strategic, business, fundraising, marketing and PR planning
• Grant research, grant seeking, grant and proposal writing
• Fundraising including solicitations, making the ask, tracking and reporting
• Event planning and execution for 100 to 10,000 attendees in multiple organizations – sports-related fundraisers, galas, lobby days, annual business meetings and international conferences
Early Career – Conferences, Meetings & Events Management, Marketing & Advertising, Communications – 1992 to 2001
Over two decades of training & development in coaching for personal productivity and goal accomplishments, authentic communications, addictions counseling & treatment, and professional leadership. Founder & Chairwoman of Kicking for Kids Who Can’t – a fundraising event developed to support real possibilities for amputee children without means to afford prosthetics; the event also included adults and veterans adapting to life with limb loss through providing education and access to an international network of amputees engaged in sports, various therapies and support.
LIFE OUTSIDE OF WORK
Passions include training and teaching various styles of martial arts, addiction recovery and service programs, nonprofit volunteering/philanthropy supporting LGBTQIA groups, education and disabilities as well as poverty alleviation and food security organizations. Voracious runner, personal trainer, photographer (film & digital), dedicated wife and mother, lover of the outdoors and wannabe gardener (who aspires to be like my amazing wife with her artistic vision both inside and outside).
Bachelor of Arts – Sociology, Marketing & English - May 1992 Austin College Sherman, Texas
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, creative writing lessons for all!
Taking essay writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$40||$35|
|5 hours||Not available||$57||$175|
|10 hours||Not available||$80||$350|