My teaching approach depends on the student's goals. Do you want to improve your writing? Then, I can give you feedback on your writing. If you want to learn academic vocabulary, then I have lots of material to share and use with you. If you want speaking practice, then you will do most of the talking.
I have a master's degree in linguistics and years of experience teaching all ages and levels of students. I have evaluations from previous students that tell how effective and beneficial my teaching methods are. I have worked with students with diverse native languages such as Japanese, Arabic, Spanish, Chinese, and Turkish.
Ohio University Athens, OH (1984-1988, 1998-2000, 2012)
M.A. in Applied Linguistics/TESOL and B.S. in Accounting
ESL TEACHING EXPERIENCE:
ELS Language Centers: San Diego, CA (2008-2020) Senior Teacher
*Most recently taught Guided Research Paper and Speaking/Grammar Structure courses
*Experienced in academic vocabulary, debate, and academic reading/writing courses
*2013 ELS Excellence in Teaching Award nominee
*2016 ELS Award for Excellence in Teaching winner
*Received 5.8/6 average score (19 respondents) for “Recommend” question on recent student surveys
EFL [Japan] TEACHING EXPERIENCE:
Kindai University (2017, 2018) First Year Student Instructor
*Instructed university freshman in reading/writing/vocabulary/computer language learning/public speaking/cultural orientation for 4 months prior to their 8 month study abroad program at U.S. universities
Overseas Training Center (2008) Intensive Course Teacher
*Taught English conversation and American culture to Toyota Motor Company employees preparing to transfer to international Toyota Motor subsidiaries
ECC Foreign Language Institute (2004-2007) Native Teacher
*Taught EFL to all levels and ages [toddlers to senior citizens] in private and group lessons
Time TI (1995-1997) Intensive Teacher
* Taught four week 160 hour intensive English conversation courses to Toyota Motor employees prior to their transfer overseas
* Lived in a residential setting with students and prepared them for life as an expatriate
Interac Corporation (1991-1996) Language Consultant
* Instructed weekly evening classes to employees at Sony and Mitsubishi Electric
Other Professional Experience:
* Teaching Tips article "Coin Questions" published in December 1999 edition of TESOL Journal
* Presented M.A. Thesis research paper [“The Pedagogy of Verb Aspects: Course Book vs. Authentic Use”] at the 2013 American Association for Corpus Linguistics conference
* Member of TESOL International and attendee at 2014 conference in Portland, OR
and 2018 Chicago, IL conference
ESL lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, writing comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking writing expression - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|