This would be my first official tutoring opportunity. In college, I was always eager to help my friends who were completing prerequisite math courses. I found that material was best taught in the following order. I would first explain the major concepts in the coursework for their next exam. Next, we would go through the chapter exercises together. By working through problems, my friends would be able to understand how these concepts were being used and how they could use them themselves. We would make mistakes! And then we would find our problems to learn from these mistakes to ensure the mistakes would not be made on the exam. Finally, I would create practice tests with relevant math problems to solidify their understandings.
I work am a Data and Business Analyst. I graduated from College of Charleston with a degree in mathematics and actuarial sciences in December of 2019. I am also pursuing pre- requisite coursework through Rowan University in order to obtain a graduate degree in data analytics. I am looking for a part time tutoring role to share my love and knowledge of mathematics.
College of Charleston, Charleston, SC
Bachelor of Science, Mathematics December 2019
Concentration: Actuarial Studies
Related Coursework: Economics, Business Finance, Mathematical Statistics, Linear Algebra, Computer Sciences, Bayesian Statistical Methods, Time Series Analysis, Calculus I-III
• Proficient in MATLAB, Python, and R
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel including VBA, Pivot Tables, and macros for data analyses
• Basic Knowledge of SQL
Microsoft Excel- Excel from Beginner to Advanced, Udemy April 2020
Data Analysis with Excel Pivot Tables, Udemy June 2020
Master Microsoft Excel Macros and Excel VBA, Udemy June 2020
The Complete SQL Certification Course, Udemy July 2020
SQL- My SQL for Data Analytics and Business Intelligence, Udemy July 2020
Work Experience/ Internship Experience
CareAlign, Philadelphia, PA December 2020 – Present
Data and Business Analyst
• Work with QA team to develop system integration and regression test scripts to ensure the testing results correspond to the business expectations.
• Answer questions, report defects to QA, and track requests for enhancements. Ensure successful deployment in collaboration with change management, release management, and implementation management.
• Developing knowledge in areas of business process modeling methods, business analysis tools, and documentation practices for custom business application development.
David Gilston Insurance Brokerage Firm, Charleston, SC May 2019 – August 2019
Actuarial/ Underwriting Intern
• Reviewed customer financial databases, records and other documentation to obtain why there was an increase in customer premiums for the new term.
• Developed and proposed strategies for more cost-effective health care premiums for the customers.
• Analyzed and presented the health insurance premiums in a simplified fashion through Excel to determine which plan best met a customer’s needs.
• Collaborated with the sales team to develop strategies to lower health care premiums and present the information in ways that were understandable to the consumer.
• Researched and engaged in workshops on the evolution of the health care industry due to a series of factors such as, geographical changes, political parties, and population changes.
Blue Cross Blue Shield, Columbia, SC May 2019 – August 2019
Actuarial/ Underwriting Shadowing Student
• Communicated with the underwriting and actuarial team about plan designs, health care cost factors, and knowledge of health insurance terms.
• Reviewed current financial trends in the industry and how political changes impacted the actuarial and underwriting departments.
• Collected data in excel and developed macros for data analyses, charts, and presentations.
Sensus Xylem Inc., Raleigh-Durham, NC January 2019
Data Science Shadowing Student
• Developed a basic understanding of R and worked through exercises in R-Studio.
• Participated in an agile setting, following the everyday tasks of a data analyst.
J.Crew, Glen Mills January 2019 – Dec 2020
Sales Associate/ Enterprise Selling
• Collected and processed inventory be packaged and shipped to customers.
• Provided exemplary customer service to store patrons.
• Developed strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, statistics lessons for all!
Taking calculus lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$11||$11|