My approach to teaching languages are based around individual needs, however, my main focus is to give students a solid foundation through the development of conversation skills and vocabulary. A preliminary meeting is arranged in order to discuss individual needs (grammar, vocabulary, conversational skills) and material is prepared in such a way to suit these needs.
I have a degree in Applied Languages and Translation Studies through Dublin City University. I have experience as a freelance community interpreter. I am currently working as a Spanish teacher in St. Oliver's Community College, Drogheda. I am also fluent in Romanian and Polish and hold a bachelor's degree in German. I am very flexible with my schedule and can offer my services throughout the week and the weekend, as needed.
Drumcondra, Dublin 9
Telephone Number: (concealed information)
E-mail: (concealed information)
- Spanish teacher at St. Oliver's Community College, Drogheda
- Freelance Interpreter Accord Translations, Dublin, Ireland
- Use of English, Polish and Romanian required for the assignments. Experience working with Irish juridical, health and social welfare systems
- Volunteer Interpreter Crosscare, Dublin, Ireland.
- Volunteered as an interpreter for Romanian, Roma and Polish communities with Crosscare, an organisation which provides legal advice
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- MSc in Translation Technology (EQF Level 9), Dublin City University
- Applied Languages and Translation Studies EQF Level 8 Dublin City University
- Year Abroad (2018-2019) at Stiftung Universität, Hildesheim, Germany
Mother tongue(s): Romanian, English
Other languages: fluent Polish and Spanish; intermediate level German
-good contact with people from diverse backgrounds as a result of my volunteer work as an interpreter
- Four-week placement as a translator within the Directorate-General for Translation (DGT) in Brussels (05/10/20 - 30/10/20)
Honours and awards:
- All-Ireland Scholarship
- Spanish Language Certificate from Colegio Delibes, Salamanca, Spain
- Bachelor’s Degree in Applied Language and Translation Studies (2:1 overall result)
Available upon request
spanish lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - spanish lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$22|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$110|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$220|