I am an experienced classroom teacher for 30 years. My knowledge combined with my experience facilitating learning among my students from specialized tutoring and group tutoring makes me well positioned to support a community through science tutoring. I have worked in many diverse learning environments over my career and have continuously evolved my teaching style to meet the needs of my students through utilizing digital tools, data, and listening deeply to my students to understand what would best facilitate their learning. I am hopeful that I can bring these experiences to each person looking for that one to one, or group learning experience.
I have been a science classroom teacher for 30 years. I have taught Biology, Anatomy & Physiology, Chemistry, Physics, General Science (Earth Science) and Marine Biology. I have experience facilitating learning among my students from specialized tutoring and group tutoring which makes me well positioned to support a learning community through science tutoring. I have worked in many diverse learning environments over my career and have continuously evolved my teaching style to meet the needs of my students through utilizing digital tools, data, and listening deeply to my students to understand what would best facilitate their learning. I am hopeful that I can bring these experiences to tutoring.
Accomplishments, Grants & Associations
Earth Month Heroes Teacher Grant, Wyland Foundation 2011
Crystal Cove Alliance Partnership 2009-2017
Amgen Pharmaceuticals Partnership 2009-present
Marina High School/Golden West College Grant 2009
Orange County Department of Education Grant 2009
Regional Science Fair Judge 1992-1996
National Science Teacher Association
Carondelet High School 2017-2019
Subjects Taught: Physics, Chemistry and Forensic Science
• Help all science teachers align curriculum to the encouraged New Generation Science Standards
• Align Science Classes to CA Next Generation Science Standards to provide grade level curriculum
• Created new curriculum for elective science classes
Oakland Unified School District 2016-2017
Oakland High School
Subjects Taught: Biology and Physiology
• Develop curriculum, assessments, and educational materials to serve specific SPED and EL populations
• Attend district, site and specialized OUSD professional developments to further growth
• Align General Ed newcomer/EL curriculum and SPED to CA Next Generation Science Standards to provide grade level curriculum
• Participate in lesson studies as both the observed teacher and an observer who provides feedback
• Support all biology teachers on curriculum differentiation for SPED students in mainstream classes
• Meet with all biology teachers via one-on-one to provide instructional coaching and support in science lessons
• Developed, organized, and delivered professional development during prep periods for science teachers
Huntington Beach Union High School District 2000–2016
Marina High School
Subjects Taught: Chemistry, Biology, Life Science, and Physiology
• Lead the implementation and education of Google products in the district as a member of the Google Dream Team.
• Received funding from Amgen Pharmaceutical for the supplies and curriculum for interactive student labs as part of the Amgen Pharmaceutical Partnership for DNA Technology.
• Received funding and training to prepare students for a career in STEM as part of the Orange County Department of Education Technology Program.
• Arranged a field trip for students to visit University of California, Irvine Medical School and manipulate the Da Vinci robotic equipment.
• Lead Professional Development sessions for Marina High School teachers on creative ways of integrating technology into the curriculum.
• Participated as a member of a WASC Visiting Team.
• Supported students’ extracurricular activities as a Club Advisor.
K-12 Fuel Education 2011–2017
Subjects Taught: Chemistry, Biology
• Blackboard/Brightspace online instructional teaching
Newport Mesa School District 1999–2000
Costa Mesa High School, Newport Mesa Unified School District
Subjects Taught: AP Chemistry
Hemet Unified School District 1990–1999
West Valley High School, Hemet Unified School District
Subjects Taught: Biology, Life Science, And Marine Biology
• Participated on the team that opened the new school.
• Created a Marine Biology program for elementary kids.
• Science fair co-coordinator
• Regional team for Science Olympiad
• Soccer Coach
• Class Advisor
• Grad-Night committee
• Graduation committee
• Club Advisor
• Site Counsel
Azusa Pacific University, Azusa, CA
Masters in Educational Technology
University of San Diego, San Diego, CA
CLAD, Crosscultural, Language, and Academic Development
University of Redlands, Redlands, CA
California Teaching Credential, Single Subject Life Science, Chemistry, and General Science
University of California Riverside, Riverside, CA
California Lutheran University, Thousand Oaks, CA
Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology (Biology/Chemistry)
Skills & Technology
Expert in instructional technology including:
• Google Apps for Education
• Learning Management Systems (LMS)
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Voice Thread
• Office 365/Sharepoint
chemistry lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest natural sciences lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, biochemistry lessons for all!
Taking physics - chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|