To me, the learning process has a bigger impact to the students when the topics of study are relevant to them and have a connection with their daily basis routines.
That is why every student has a different study plan, educational goals and unique and different assessments.
In order to maximize each class' results, I offer a comprehensive educational development follow-up through an LMS (Learning Management System) in which handouts, study objects, study plans and other study materials are available all the time. The LMS is also an online tool to get in contact with me and in which videos, study tips, and other digital contents remain available for free.
I have taught Social Studies since 2000.
In order to become a better teacher, I became a Master in History of Iberian-American Societies (2007) and a Doctor in Education at the University of Edinburgh (2019).
O also became an English and Portuguese Instructor to better understand the English culture and to better explain my own professional and personal backgrounds.
The improved rate for multiple hours upfront is only valid for lessons by webcam.
For classes involving travel expenses, the cost of such expenses will be individually charged.
PhD in Education - University of Edinburgh
Thesis title: The impact of educational robotics in the development of interest towards technology in Brazilian Elementary and Secondary School students
Concluded in: 06/2019
Master’s Degree in History - Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio Grande do Sul (PUCRS)
Disssertation’s title: A Estruturação da Ação Católica Brasileira na Arquidiocese de Porto Alegre - 1954-1971 (The development of the Catholic Action at the Porto Alegre’s Archdioceses 1954-1971)
Year of conclusion: 2007
Licentiate Degree in History – Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS)
Year if conclusion: 2003
FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF RIO GRANDE DO SUL (UFRGS)
Assistant Manager- UFRGS Language Center. 03/2000 – 12/2004
- To assist the UFRGS Language Center Manager with regular office duties such as writing research proposals, preparing conferences, scheduling research trips and providing logistic information to develop courses and events;
- Assisting students who used the Center for research with online devices as well as with the Center's Library archives.
THE UNIVERSITY OF EDINBURGH
Candidate to PhD in Education – 01/2014 – 06/2019
- Development and performance of the scientific initiation project approved by CAPES (Brazilian Funding Agency) regarding educational robotics learning in the Brazilian Education System;
- Presentation of academic papers in PG Conferences, Seminars and Exhibitions;
- Teaching educational robotics modules to Secondary School teachers involved with continuing education programs in Digital Educational Technologies;
- Development of learning activities related to digital technologies for students in the context of undergraduate and post-graduation Programs;
- Supervision of robotics projects from Secondary School students, Computer Science students and Secondary School Teachers;
- Mediation of group discussions and performance of educational activities with PG students;
- Tutoring in the multicultural higher-level context of the University of Edinburgh’s Education workshops provided by Moray House;
- Development and implementation of a research design for the PhD’s inquiry including a literature review, project management, ethical forms’ submission, data gathering, data analysis and presentation of findings;
- Volunteering as an assistant researcher, responsible for collecting qualitative data (interviewing, observing and taking field notes);
- Managing the development and submission of academic reports and other types of information needed to renew the scholarship with the Funding Agency;
ALVORADA CITY COUNCIL
Coordinator and Advisor for educational technologies - 04/2010 – 12/2013
- Development and organization of programs related to educational technology in the context of teacher continuing education;
- Development, implementation and continuous assessment of a partnership with the Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul
(UFRGS) involving the development of Continuing Teacher Education programs, collaboration in the development of educational robotics
curriculum's handbooks, and students'/teachers' knowledge/skills assessment;
- Development of educational robotics handouts for teachers and students (from Elementary and Middle Schools);
- Consultancy and technical support for teachers and students regarding the implementation of educational technologies on Elementary
- Consultancy services for municipal education systems and education professionals regarding the development and performance of
RIO GRANDE DO SUL- DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION (BRAZIL) Porto Alegre/RS
High School History Teacher . 05/2018 – 10/2019
- Development of an adapted History curriculum according to the Brazilian Education Framework (National Curriculum Base) for Middle and High School students (who were mainly Portuguese native speakers, but, also Spanish native speakers from South and Central America);
- Development, implementation and assessment of an LMS platform for the History course in order to facilitate distance learning for High School and young adults' audiences.
brazilian portuguese lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest portuguese lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - portuguese lessons for all!
Taking vocabulary - portuguese lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$50||$35|
|5 hours||Not available||$225||$175|
|10 hours||Not available||$440||$350|