I graduated from San Francisco University with a BA and Secondary Teaching Credential in Physics. Eurotechnical Research University granted me a Ph.D. degree for work done in toxic waste disposal. Working in the Semiconductor Industry, I have solved many complex technical problems. I help students learn how to solve problems. I tell interesting stories.
I have taught since leaving College in teaching positions in Middle School, High School, and College. I have taught engineers and business leaders in industry. I have taught in the class room, the clean room, and in the board room.
I charge an hourly rate to work, but if I have to travel to my work, I charge a few dollars to cover my travel.
GARY POOVEY, Ph.D.
Career Objectives: READY MINDS TO FIND THEIR FULL POTENTIAL THROUGH EDUCATION
SUBSTITUTE TEACHING, in Escalon schools Kindergarten to High School. From October 2016 to the present.
TEACHING AP AND PRE AP PHYSICS, Peter Johansen High School, 641 Norseman Dr, Modesto, CA From August 2015 to June 2016
SUBSTITUTE TEACHING, in Escalon and Oakdale schools. From March 2014 to Kindergarten to High School. Oakdale Junior High science teacher for 3 months.
TEACHING MATHEMATICS, at Healed College in Modesto. From January 2012 to March 2012 College Freshman class
CONSULTANT, Gamma Company: 4-07 to present
PROCESS IMPROVEMENT ENGINEER, Dahua Glory Graphite of Shenyang, China $10,000.00 mo.
3-2012 to 12-2012
* Produced reports and analysis of production procedures to improve quality and quality systems for the graphite production facility.
PRINCIPAL RESEARCHER FOR NEW PRODUCT, Galtronics of Tiberius, Israel $12,000.00 mo. plus 12.5% of company form 4-07 to 12-2010
* Taught business managers technical advances in technology.
* Built prototype wafer with structures described in United States Patent 7,072,536 for testing using virtual fabrication facilities at available at Pennsylvania State University, University California at Santa Barbara, and Stanford University.
* Investigate optoelectronic chips using cross correlation and pump probe optical techniques using femtosecond laser pulses.
* Published reports and gave presentations to investors.
ACCOUNT MANAGER, Bullen Semiconductor (Now Silfex): 9-00 to 3-07 $15,000.00 mo.
* Taught a class to Delft University at Leuven, Belgium staff on principals of tungsten deposition.
* Lead a team including chemists and engineers in developing a process that cleaned copper ions from silicon chamber parts. This process was carried out first in batches of a few cubic centimeters and then scaled up to tens of gallons. The process included chelating chemicals.
* Published technical solutions to production and usage product problems.
SENIOR PRODUCT ENGINEER, Lam Research: 1-95 to 9-2000
* $100,000.00/mo. income increase through research and data presentation of developed hardware.
* Ended catastrophic polymer build up by specifying materials with low thermal conductivity.
- Solved plasma arcing problem by discovering RF resistance root cause.
APPLICATIONS ENGINEER, Energy Control Systems: 8-94 to 12- 94
- Taught classes to engineers, scientists, and managers that scientific evidence demonstrated that they saved money using Energy Control Systems products to reduce energy consumption.
STUDENT, Eurotechnical Research University: 5-88 to 6-94
* Granted U.S. Patent for neutralization of toxic waste and PhD in plasma physics.
SENIOR APPLICATIONS ENGINEER, Varian Associates, Semiconductor Equipment Group: 6-84 to 10-90
* Taught plasma and chemical vapor deposition (CVD) wafer processing class.
* $300,000.00 CVD machines were being shipped back to the company by customers. By diplomacy and by demonstrating convincing research experiments, customers convinced to keep the machines.
* Developed processes overcoming specific customer problems in CVD (tungsten, tungsten silicide, and silicon nitride), and in plasma etching (aluminum, single crystal silicon, and silicon oxide).
DESIGN ENGINEER, Gamma Company (custom transformer company): 1-82 to 6-84
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER, Applied Materials: 3-79 to 12-81
* Presented infrared heat flow information before the managers of the division. This information was the result of my study of heat conduction through a multi-layered assembly in a vacuum.
* Developed a deep trench etch for silicon. Plasma etched a micron wide trench fifteen microns deep with straight sidewalls and rounded corner at the bottom of the trench. This etch was featured in several articles in technical magazines.
Early Teaching jobs:
Substitute teaching for Healdsburg High School, Introductory Physics for non majors at Santa Rosa Junior College. Biology teacher at Saint Vincent’s High School in Petaluma, California, Science teacher for Santa Rosa Christian School
Education: 1992 Ph.D., Eurotechnical Research University
1971 Further Studies in Physics, Sonoma State College
1970 Secondary Teaching Credential specializing in Physical Science (Physics)
1969 BA in Physics with Honors, San Francisco State
Gary is an excellent teacher. He has outstanding character and integrity and I am more than happy to write this recommendation. He values every student and shows concern for their individual learning needs. I appreciate his patience and kind demeanor. I also appreciate his vast amount of knowledge. Garey has had a large amount of influence over my way of thinking not only academically but also at my home and work place. He is one of my favorite Professor's and I am so happy that I had the pleasure of having him share his knowledge with me. I would recommend him to any student or faculty because Garey values students and truly enjoys helping others learn and grow.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$50||$25|