I have a bachelor's degree in mathematics, and I have taught at the high school and undergraduate levels.
I give middle and high school students individualized attention in the following subjects: basic math, pre-algebra, algebra, geometry, advanced algebra, pre-calculus, calculus, and statistics.
I have tutored and taught over 750 students in the last 25 years. My students have gone on to become doctors, physicists, and teachers, among other careers. My students have had positive learning experiences with math, and have felt better about themselves.
University of Illinois at Chicago Sept. 2015 – present
Doctoral student in Educational Psychology
Stanford University Sept. 1997 – Jun. 2000
California State University, Hayward Sept. 1994 – Jun. 1998
Stanford University Jun. 1990 – Jun. 1991
M.A., Design and Evaluation of Educational Programs
California State University, Northridge Sept. 1986 – May 1990
University of California, Santa Cruz Jun. 2005 – Aug. 2006
Adjunct Faculty, Summer Session
• Taught summer session classes in introductory statistics
University of California, Santa Cruz Sep. 2004 – Jun 2006
Teaching Assistant, Department of Applied Mathematics and Statistics
• Teaching Assistant for introductory statistics classes
• Taught discussions sessions
• Graded quizzes and tests
Castro Valley Unified School District Sept. 1993 – Jun. 1997
High School Mathematics Teacher
• Taught Pre-Algebra, Algebra, Geometry, Advanced Placement Statistics
• Wrote and received grants to develop Advanced Placement Statistics curriculum
National Board of Osteopathic Medical Examiners, Chicago, IL Jul. 2010 – Jan. 2017
• Wrote, R, SAS, and Visual Basic programs to analyze and score responses to medical residency examinations and medical board examinations
• Helped colleagues with SAS code when they needed help
• Assisted in writing quarterly and annual reports that are presented to the Board of Directors
QualityMetric Sep. 2007 – Jun. 2009
• Conducted statistical and psychometric analyses of health outcomes surveys
• Wrote SAS programs to conduct analyses
CTB/McGraw-Hill Jun. 2000 – Sep. 2004
Associate Research Scientist
• Conducted psychometric and statistical analyses of educational tests
• Wrote SAS programs as needed
• Assisted in writing technical reports
• R, SAS, and Visual Basic programming
• Fluent in Microsoft Office Products
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$50||$50|