I tailor my lessons to the student, to ensure that I can meet your needs effectively. If we're dealing with complex concepts, my lessons are to guide you in breaking down those concepts into less complex sub-topics, to ensure you have a good understanding. From there, we can build up your skills in knowledge, analysis and evaluation, to ensure you're getting those higher marks.
I am a finalist Law undergraduate student at Durham University who is offering my experience in essay writing subjects to teach in English Literature and History from GCSE to A-Level. I have been tutoring for 2 years, during which my students have managed to improve their grades significantly.
2019 to 2020 LLM, University of Cambridge
2016 to 2019 LLB (Hons) Law, Durham University
2:1 (Obtained): 68% average (Ranked 19th in the year)
EU Constitutional Law (74%), Tort Law (70%), Legal Skills (70%), Contract Law (67%), UK Constitutional Law (65%), The Individual and the State (65%), The Legal System of England and Wales (62%)
Second Year: 1st (Obtained): 70% average (Ranked 10th in the year)
Criminal (77%), Advanced Issues in Public Law (74%), Trusts & Equity (71%), Employment (68%), Land (65%), Public International Law (64%)
Third Year: 1st (Predicted)
Advanced Issues in Employment and Discrimination Law, Medical Law and Ethics, Intellectual Property, The Law of Family Relationships
Dissertation: The Legal Regulation of Pornography
2012 to 2016 The Minster School, Southwell
A-Levels History A*, German A*, English Literature A
GCSE 10: 9A*, 1A grades
October 2018 to present
Providing tutoring for English Literature and History up to A-Level, German up to GCSE, and LNAT preparation.
November 2018 12 King’s Bench Walk, London
During this 3-day mini-pupillage, I was able to:
• Attend a CCMC hearing regarding a PI claim;
• Prepare advice regarding the application and enforceability of an indemnity clause from a travel agreement; and
• Prepare advice determining the likelihood of success of a contributory negligence defence in an RTA claim.
October 2018 London Stock Exchange, London
During this 1-week placement at the LSE, I worked in the legal department, as well as the Turquoise Holdings Ltd team. During this time, I assisted in:
• Drafting a cooperation agreement;
• Reviewing internal policies;
• Trademark work, including summarising external counsel advice;
• Preparing advice for insurance on an SPA; and
• Supported the AIM Regulation team with regulatory work.
June 2018 Old Square Chambers, London
• Observed a client conference regarding the availability of TUPE protections for pilots facing redundancy;
• Observed CCMC hearings for personal injury and clinical negligence cases;
• Attended the London Central Employment Tribunal to observe a hearing regarding claims of disability and race discrimination made against the Government; and
• Undertook two written exercises in Chambers where I drafted written advice for the Respondents in two cases concerning religious discrimination.
Achievements and Interests
• Durham University Mooting Society: semi-finalist of the Novice Cup and Criminal Mock Trial as senior counsel, won the Northumbria Friendly Moot 2019, and competed in the oral rounds of the LSE Featherstone LGBT+ moot
• Parliamentary Debate on Surveillance Law: came runner-up in regional debate on the Snooper’s Charter
Positions of Responsibility
• March 2018 to present, Vice President, Durham University Bar Society: assisting the President in managing the Society, coordinating with the rest of the exec to organise events
• June 2018 to present, Project Director, Access to Justice: taking on cases of prisoners who maintain their innocence and researching and preparing appeal applications to the CCRC
• Advanced Issues in Public Law (1st place): awarded to the student with the highest marks of the year in Advanced Issues in Public Law
• OUP Prize in Criminal Law: awarded to the student with the highest marks of the year in Criminal Law
• Wright Classical Shakespeare Prize: awarded to the best student in Shakespearean studies
• Canon Glaister Prize for History: awarded for the best marks in A-Level History
• Lady Robinson Prize for German: awarded for the best marks in A-Level German
• Advanced German
• Enjoy travelling and organised an inter-railing trip around Europe over the summer.
• Currently self-teaching programming languages. Participated in the Oxford Entrepreneurs Summer of Code where I gained proficiency in Python.
history lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$17||Not available||$13|