My teaching method is learn by doing; more time spent learning a task, the better you become. I prefer hands on and interactive activities when appropriate. My belief is that every child can learn; just in different ways and at different rates. Some will learn quickly, whereas others need more time and support. I enjoy giving the time and support.
I am an accountant, starting a second career as an elementary teacher. Have 2 years experience, 1 year as a general education teacher and 1 year as a special education teacher's assistant. Successfully worked with children to over come mild to moderate learning disabilities. The key to your child's success will be discipline and hard work together.
$20.00 cancellation fee per appointment. Negotiable depending on student's ability to pay.
Rice University – B.A. Managerial Studies
Educated Related Experiences
September 2018- Present
Coop Elementary, HISD- Paraprofessional for 3 departments: 1st grade intervention, Resource Department,
and Special Ed
• Assess students for the purpose of providing appropriate interventions to improve academic success.
• Collaborate with instructional staff and administration for the purpose of improving the quality of student outcomes; achieve established program objectives.
• Counsel students and use incentives for the purpose of improving performance.
• Provide documentation for Title 1Teachers and Administration.
• Ensure the needs of individual students are met. And, to assist uniquely challenged students to acquire basic reading, writing, and problem solving skills. Use student centered activities to explore concepts, find solutions, gather data and pursue answers to questions.
• Reinforce positive behavior by encouraging effort and praising accomplishments.
• Maintain high expectations for all students.
August 2017- June 2018
Oleson Elementary, Aldine ISD- 1st Grade Teacher
• Determine individual traits and needs.
• Apply a variety of methods to fulfill the needs of diverse abilities and circumstances.
• Establish trust by applying discipline with fairness and consistency.
• Develop problem solving and critical- thinking skills by presenting challenges that boost self-esteem and performance, and student engagement.
• Promote the concept of equality, regardless of racial, cultural, or economic differences.
• Reinforce positive behavior by encouraging efforts and praising accomplishments.
September 2016- August 2017
Aldine Middle School- 8th grade Paraprofessional for Math, Science, Social Studies, and Language Arts
• Follow daily schedule providing assistance for STAAR tested classes. Privileged to work with Math teacher who is 3rd in district and with the top ELA teacher for AMS.
• Develop highly symbiotic relationships with teachers, to provide uninterrupted learning experiences for our children during teachers' absences.
• Practice universal strategies such as Think Aloud to model the thinking process, Guided Practice, and Compare and Contrast of Ideas, Inference, Problem Solving, Logic, and Seeing implications for the purpose of applying learned rules.
April 2016-June 2016
Aldine ISD- Substitute teacher
• Offered long term role as substitute for 2016-2017, after just 2 months on the job.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$17||$17||Not available|
|5 hours||$75||$75||Not available|