My teaching method is based on a few things:
1) Fix the problems: If a student is struggling, I focus in on the reasons causing this. For example, a student who needs help in math might already be great at math, but might struggle with other skills like reading that could then hinder the math comprehension.
2) Strengthen the basics: Whether with math, music, or other subjects, it's critical that a student's fundamentals be strong. So, I tend to identify any weaknesses that a student may have in their fundamentals to correct those.
3) Build good habits: It is critically important that students build good habits to facilitate their studies. This can affect many different areas and includes things like adopting clear handwriting, showing all steps in their work, reading questions several times, checking their work, etc. Oftentimes these seemingly simple items get skipped and can make a huge difference in a person's advancement.
Professional engineer with mechanical engineering degree from U.C. Berkeley and 15 years of experience in industry. I love teaching and have tutored/trained folks of many different ages and backgrounds in lots of different subjects, including: mathematics, physics, writing, piano, guitar, construction engineering, history, and others. My students have ranged in age from 10 to 35 years old.
Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering from University of California, Berkeley. Graduated in 2006.
Mechanical Engineer at Cyto Tissue Engineering, 2006-2011
Lead Engineer at BMS Controls Company, 2012 - present
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of California. Awarded 2012.
- Passed the MTAC Certificate of Merit exam (advanced level) in Piano Performance in 2001.
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$20||$20|